Mia button

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konstantinero

05-02-2011

I think it's more important to know which enemy champ is missing. Although I can see why it woudln't matter to some people. Once you start the game you should know which lanes the champs are in and all you have to do is stare at the map to see who they're talking about. But being champ specific would definitely take some confusion out. I would also assume that doing a champ specific mia would be overall a 'cleaner' function. But regardless of what type of mia Riot implements, DO WANT

cUeCue

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Great ideas here. Question for the community: How important is it to be able to say *who* is MIA? Do you consider it more important to know that someone is missing, or is the specific champion the most important?
I think the rapid translation of information would be more valuable than the specific's of who is missing.
My vision is an integration into the ping function that mimics smart cast. Where you have a bindable key to press in addition to G (or whatever your ping is set to) and displays an exclamation mark or some other easily differentiable icon on the mini map.

The perks to this kind of system being:
-You don't have to manage 5 buttons and which specific champion they align too
-The information is visual and audible, since chat often goes unnoticed in very intense lanes anyways.
-It is faster to use, and since the warning decays you can use it more often (think of eve here).
-It allows you to be very specific with the exact location of the missing enemy and you can indicate possible direction.

JonTehKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

I really think that knowing someone at all is MIA gets a lot of people looking at the minimap at which point the should be able to deduce who is MIA assuming they aren't brain dead.

Krosan

05-02-2011

Less important to be able to say who is missing than to say which direction they're missing from, I would imagine. It's not that much trouble for someone to look bot, see someone's not there, and work out who's missing.

Nystrum

05-02-2011

I think an mia button would be great regardless it would be so much easier than typing every singe time "mia" 2 secs later "re".

grouperish

05-02-2011

Quote:
Great ideas here. Question for the community: How important is it to be able to say *who* is MIA? Do you consider it more important to know that someone is missing, or is the specific champion the most important?
I would say that it is most important to know that someone is mia in general. People should have a sense of which champions are in which lanes, so if mid pings mia you should typically expect their mid to be missing. I don't usually tend to play especially different knowing which champ is missing (unless it is a stealther) than I do knowing that a champ is missing, and I would bet that most players are the same (if they play different at all lol). I have, however, long wished that there was some way to know who is pinging. A lot of players don't have enough situational awareness to know when it is not the proper time to move for an objective and will sometimes follow a ping blindly. It might help to know that the ping is coming from the person taking the leadership role, rather than the person who doesn't seem to playing very intelligently. I think identifying who is pinging could also help players realize who is playing smart on their team. If i see top consistently pinging good pings, I'll know that he at least understands certain aspects of the game, so I am more likely know that I can trust that he will do his role.

Rabcor

05-02-2011

Quote:
I would say that the most important thing is to be able to click a button which will make a sound which would just mean missing and then maybe a small set of letters would pop up on your screen. it doesnt need to be more than that.

but it would be really awesome if you could say what champion is missing, my idea which has probably been stated before on this would be that you press a button, then you get a small popup just above your action bar with options 1-5 for the champs in the enemy team, then you press any one of them, and then it would make a sound and then their little square image would appear in some corner of everyones screen until she is seen next on the minimap which would then give a small signal that a missing champion just showed up here, with no sound. way to perfection of course, this would also help against junglers early on since as soon as theyd show up the minimap would make some kind of signal.

an alternative is that you can call missing, and call which lane its missing from instead of which champion, and then maybe if one or two champs are missing from the lane.

an even other alternative, would be an automated system that would just make everyone who has not been show on the minimap for 5 seconds will be missing.

Eadorn

05-02-2011

imo the specific champion i would like to know that is mia,but what if there are all mia?Could you make it work ,like it actually shows on chat the champions that are missing?
Cause if there are too many pings on the map all the allies will think that a battle should be initiated or something like that but if there are the champions names written on the chat then isnt it easier to know whi is missing..

MittenMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

Quote:
Specifically who is missing. This is normally able to be told merely by "mid/top/bot mia" but it is valuable information to know that Eve is MIA instead of Singed.

Undead Fleshgod

05-02-2011

IMO only the lane would be enough.

Also, 2 ping colors would be awesome (For example one green for "go" or "move" and one red for "danger")