Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lvl.1 Leaver and Karthus Ult.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alterv

04-09-2011

Just had a game where we had a lvl 1 Shen leaver, and after x lvl karthus would just use his ult, and get a free kill. So fix it riot?

Bernard Augustus

Recruiter

04-10-2011

On leavers:
*Play premades
*Report the leaver
*blah blah blah etc. etc.

On Karthus:
*Play premades
*Banshee's Veil
*Champs with built in Banshee's Veils (Sivir, Nocturne, etc. etc.)

Kacnafein

04-10-2011

I believe that, if players leave the game, his champion will get extra MR (and i mean, a huge one) bonus while standing in fountain, so Karthus ult would be heavily neglected by that.

Althalin

04-10-2011

It does seem a bit wrong that Karthus is able to farm low level leavers like that, but I can't imagine it's terribly high on Riot's to-do list.
I would agree that leavers should get a shield or something, but not just by standing on the fountain, as this could be abused if it were just the fountain itself that gave them a shield/huge MRes/whatever. Would it be particularly viable to abuse it? No, because if the enemy team is already in your base, harassing them from the fountain wouldn't be very useful.

Does it need a solution? Yes... To a point. Since Karthus isn't a very popular champion anymore, (and as I've said before), I don't think Riot is too worried about fixing a bug that allows one champion to gain an advantage in the event that you have a player that leaves when he can be 1-shot by Requiem.

Icerulz

04-10-2011

I think they could fix this bug by giving " imunity " ( i dont know how to spell it) when the champion leaves the game .

Aelphaeis

04-10-2011

Quote:
Bernard Augustus:
On leavers:
*Play premades
*Report the leaver

On Karthus:
*Play premades
*Banshee's Veil
*Champs with built in Banshee's Veils (Sivir, Nocturne, etc. etc.)

This is a very ignorant response. To playing premades, unless you play with 3 or 5 members then you always have the chance to end up with a leaver. Sometimes, even premade people leave and furthermore, if any of your real life friends don't play the game then you need to play some games and meet good players worth befriending and be online at the same time in order to play premades. Its not just poof, premade team out of thin air. Thats also like saying, don't play unless you have friends. If I want to play a game I shouldn't NEED other people to enjoy it, the game should be enjoyable if I play by myself. You might say that you can go to the chat rooms and make a team, but then how do I know those people won't leave? Thats also an response to the argument that don't go in teams with people you know will leave. Lastly, the leaver is automatically reported, as if reporting them will make riot respond even faster or something.

On karthus
What does playing Premade have to do with an enemy karth? Absolutely nothing; however, I will say that Bashee's veil s one good thing you've said in your post. Champs with built in Banshee? Not so much, considering that unless you're in ranked, you have no idea what the other team is picking. Sadly, you failed to answer the point of the question which was that Karth can 1 shot ulti a level 1 leaver which is what the point is about.

skinnerz

04-11-2011

simple solution; if a player remains at the fountain without shifting into combat (e.g attacking, using a spell etc) after X amount of seconds (15, 20 or so), they become immune spells.

manisier

04-12-2011

as ap twisted fate it's also possible to gate next to the nexus and kill a leaver with wild cards then recall before anybody can do anything

Razikii

04-12-2011

Leaver champs are given a **** ton of MR to prevent this.

Now once they come back and start trying to farm, it becomes a problem.

Xement

04-12-2011

Its not just Karthus, have you counted in Ezreal or Ashe?
Imagine dodging a Ultimate only to have it hit a leaver and give them a kill anyway -_-