how do you kite in lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoalexsaid

04-09-2011

seriously, i have played 800 games and i still dont know the best way to do it. in starcraft, you can just hit the "stop" button and the unit stops moving and automatically attacks, but in lol, the "stop" button stops movement and attacks. so i am basically right clicking to move, moving my cursor to the opposite side where the enemy is, right clicking the enemy, then bring my cursor back to the other side to move again.

i see streams where they somehow stop moving but still attack without right clicking the enemy a la starcraft

tldr title

imhuge

04-09-2011

you press A and left click

Yeemboy

04-09-2011

Attack Move, but the sad part is there's no attack priority for it, so if minions are around you're screwed.

Thoroughly

04-09-2011

A click A click A click A click A click A click A click

Riot's done a pretty good job to lessen the need of animation canceling, but you can still do it (press H) for some champs with some atrocious backswing, Xin Zhao really suffers from having some crazy long attack animations. The damage is usually done before the spear animation connects with the target, then it has a few ms where it crosses over his knee. Just an example

yoalexsaid

04-09-2011

oh, i thought A click was for "i want you to move there, but kill everything on the way first. if there is an enemy, stand still and auto attack it to death, then move on."

yoalexsaid

04-09-2011

here's an example of what i mean. note how his mouse cursor doesnt change icons or anything to indicate that he is A clicking

http://www.youtube.com/user/Grasshyr...36/ImoFpJIXkgc

yoalexsaid

04-09-2011

lol oops nvmd i see it does change cursor

yoalexsaid

04-09-2011

i see, it's not really JUST A click A click

it's right click, A click, (wait for attack), right click, repeat

Rahgar

04-09-2011

It's ridiculously easy to pull off with someone like Ashe. Just run away, right-click once to attack the enemy with Q, then keep running. Rinse and repeat as needed.

TacoCakes

04-09-2011

With janna