Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think would happen if there was no electricity?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonderbolts

04-09-2011

i honestly wouldnt know what would happen o_O

post your thoughts

Would there be harder times to live / survive? Would you be bored out of your mind cause no computer games? (example questions)

facepalmextreme

04-09-2011

If there was no electricity nothing would be happening. Every keystroke I type is an neurological electric transmission sent from my brain to my fingers.

I know there's an "icwhatyoudidthere" effect to what I just typed, but it will argue my point in the coming sentence.

As long as there is electricity humanity will harness it. There will never be no electricity, because history and physics say so.

Blizzaja

04-09-2011

Quote:
Legend of Spyro:
i honestly wouldnt know what would happen o_O

post your thoughts

Would there be harder times to live / survive? Would you be bored out of your mind cause no computer games? (example questions)

Most humans would probably die because they lack the skills to support themselves outside of an environment that's pampered them for years.

Talking about fully urbanized countries and such. People don't really know how to hunt/survive in the wild anymore unless you grew up with it.

And yes, I'd be completely bored and screwed out of talking to people, thus would drive me to insanity. :3

facepalmextreme

04-09-2011

Quote:
Illidria:
Most humans would probably die because they lack the skills to support themselves outside of an environment that's pampered them for years.

Talking about fully urbanized countries and such. People don't really know how to hunt/survive in the wild anymore unless you grew up with it.

And yes, I'd be completely bored and screwed out of talking to people, thus would drive me to insanity. :3

Ye of little faith. Don't underestimate instinct, homeostasis, and whatever that thing is called.

You know the thing that isn't quite instinct, because you have it programmed into your brain through many generations. Errr the thing that makes baby sea turtles go to the light closest resembling the moon when they are born.

Wonderbolts

04-09-2011

Quote:
Illidria:

without electricity, maybe people would act like this (love the show. just saying about the topic in this thread)

l
l
l
v

Invis Phoenix

04-09-2011

99% of the people in this forum never picked up a hammer in their life

NotKelly

04-09-2011

i wouldn't be on my butt looking at a computer screen

Bainemo

04-09-2011

There would be a lot less people. There would also be a lot more of everything that makes life suck. That is why humans harnessed electricity in the first place.

I'm assuming the hypothetical is "what if the end of the new-age hippie version of War of the Worlds came true and an alien civilization told us to stop using electricity or die", because otherwise the only correct answer is 'humans would invent electricity'.