Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Alistair Runes and Masteries, defense our CDR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Habber Dasher

04-09-2011

I'm trying to learn Alistair and I'm fiddling around with different builds. My question is should focus on defense or cdr initially? Specifically, should I get cdr in both the utility and offence trees or should I put more points in defense? Also, I'm debating whether to get cdr our magic resist glyphs. My thinking is if I take allot if I have allot of cdr to begin with I can rush other items, namely aegis, before focusing on cdr in my build. On the other hand, taking defense makes me tanker to begin with, and if I have allot of natural mr and armor I'll benefit more from the health of items like Shurulia's and Spirit Visage.

Wisewind

04-10-2011

imo it's better to build tanky items first, CDR is important on Ali but due to a low mana pool you will likely only get one combo off and his Ult before ooming out early and mid game.

Gunflame

04-10-2011

I have seen good alistars starting with shurelias and Mobility boots... and roaming across the map.

They use tank masteries

blues809

Recruiter

04-10-2011

correct spelling: Alistar

When I play Alistar I usually build boots of mobility, 1 philosopher stone and 2 HoG, then I start building sunfire cape, BV, frozen mallet/abysail sceptre/randuin's omen (spelling?) depending on their team.
For masteries I go for 0-9-21, taking strength of spirit in defense.
The ideal runes would be, magic pen red, m regen/lvl yellow, m resist blue and MS quints.