Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like to see this implemented?

Yes 19 79.17%
No 5 20.83%
Voters 24 .

ATTN RIOT: Early Surrender Suggestion to improve LoL gaming experience

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XMPrime

04-09-2011

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I know that this situation isn't terribly common, but sometimes a team will get unlucky with an early disconnect within the first 5 minutes of the game. Therefore I am proposing that an early disconnect at or before 5:00 mark should give the team the option of surrendering early but only if there have been 0 deaths on the team with the disconnected player at that time. 0 deaths is important because we don't want people to abuse this mechanic just because they get ganked early or lose a lvl 1 team fight over blue buff.

The time window for this early surrender should only be between the 5 and 10 minute mark) as it would give the team a chance to wait for their lost ally to reconnect. If the disconnected player returns before the 10 minute mark or before/during a surrender vote then the game goes on as normal. Surrendering early should not penalize either team and the game should be considered null and void. This of course should apply to all games: ranked and normal.

This is fair in my opinion because this saves everyone the frustration of having to wait for the 20 minute mark. And in a 5v4 situation I think most people would agree that the team with 5 players doesn't deserve the win since the other team has been completely gimped and vice-versa for the team with 4 players.

Winning a 4v5 is just too horribly unlikely to be even worth playing, especially if this happens in the early stages of the game. It isn't for the 4 man team certainly and it certainly wouldn't be fun for me if I were on the 5 man team (though obviously i can't speak for everyone on this part).

TL;DR - Just read it.

Thanks for reading and I hope Riot and the LoL community will consider/refine this idea.

Zirat

04-09-2011

This is a very good idea that I wholeheartedly agree with. I've been in that situation much too many times and it just ends up being a waste of time and effort as we get bowled over because our Carry or Tank decided to ditch us... which has recently become a increasingly common occurence for some reason =\

XMPrime

04-09-2011

I'm glad you agree Zirat. I think fighting a 4v5 is like fighting an uphill battle that continues to grow steeper and steeper into a straight up cliff. Sometimes rather than AFKing for fear of getting reported, I'll instead make a contest for my teammates to see who can get to the opponents' fountain first or the closest before the 20 minute mark lol.

Also, I'd like to ask a favor from people who has an opinion on this to give some feedback (positive or negative) or just give this thread a bump to give it some more exposure.

wasniahC

04-13-2011

I have enough problems with people surrendering before we can really tell if the game is over. Plenty of games don't get surrendered because me and a teammate hit the no button, to have the other 3 spamming "lol noob wont hit surrender", only to win the game later. I don't like the idea of people being able to surrender with even less idea of how the game will pan out, considering how the majority of the LoL community surrenders so easily without considering whether our team will do better or having a real idea of what is going on in the game.

XMPrime

04-14-2011

I'm talking about a disconnect only early surrender. On teams where the odds of winning are theoretically close to 50:50, the chance of winning plummets if a whole 20% of your team is close to nil unless there's another disconnect on the other side lol.

If you took the time to read the first paragraph you can see that there is a failsafe to keep people from just ragequitting if they aren't doing well.

The failsafe is that there must not be ANY deaths on your team. You can however surrender early if your team is ahead in kills but a teammate has disconnected.

SquallWindblade

04-17-2011

It is not impossible to win a 4v5, it's just harder and takes a lot more strategy.

Considering that people refuse to work together most of the time, it might not be a bad idea.

HomerJayeSimpson

04-17-2011

Quote:
wasniahC:
I have enough problems with people surrendering before we can really tell if the game is over. Plenty of games don't get surrendered because me and a teammate hit the no button, to have the other 3 spamming "lol noob wont hit surrender", only to win the game later. I don't like the idea of people being able to surrender with even less idea of how the game will pan out, considering how the majority of the LoL community surrenders so easily without considering whether our team will do better or having a real idea of what is going on in the game.

this is why i only do premades... lol we as a team have a much stronger idea of how the match will pan out because we are talking to each other and know whats going on better then reading chats.