Singed item help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sucka

02-22-2010

I am a newer singed player and think he is great but need help settling on an item build after my starting build. This is what I have been doing,

sapphire crystal 2 health pots - great early game, have no health/mana probs
>catalyst - again no health/mana probs
boots > boots of swiftness - need to reach em to toss em
>rod of ages
Force of nature - health regen great but mostly like that mvmt speed

After that I find that aegis is good, wardens mail maybe. I just get stuck as to what are the best items for singed after those first 3 - boots of swiftness/rod of ages/force of nature. Any thoughts/ideas would be great Thanks!

Darkling2x

02-22-2010

Spirit Visage is a worthwhile item to pick up on singed IMO. Combined with his ulti and a Force of Nature, the +30% health regen makes him almost unkillable. Specifically this (Force+Visage) works well against caster heavy teams, since Visage also has MR.

Balonar

02-22-2010

Catalyst, asap. Then Boots of Swiftness, finish your first RoA, and start building your second RoA. Once you have both Rods built, make a Warmogs. Bam, 5k+ HP with insane regen.

kamakaze

02-22-2010

Let it be noted that I always use ghost and the movement speed masteries. I find that being faster than everyone else most of the time > hp regen.

That being said i dont get items like spirit visage and warmogs. If you are highly concerned with hp regen go for force of nature although i havent really tried it (i should though).

heres my build.
start: regrowth pendant
2: philosopher's stone + mercuries treads if enemy has heavy cc, ninja tabi if enemy has mostly dps
3: catalyst then finish rod of ages
4: if game is going well I usually go for second rod of ages, if not so good I go for frozen heart
5: lich bane.

-Philosophers gives great early game staying power.
-Mercury treads are just great for any tank, no brainer in my opinion.
-Rod of Ages is hands down the best item for singed. It adds mega hp due to his passive, and gives all the mana you'll need, plus ap. Stacking ap for poison trail is way more potent than you think. Many underestimate the poison trail.
-Frozen Heart is another perfect item for singed as it adds huge survivability in many ways.
-more hp due to passive
-huge armor
-lower enemies attack speed
-lower cooldown mainly for ult which can be used as a great escape mechanism with the move speed
-Lichbane is always my last luxury item due to adding more ap for poison trail in addition to more move speed and more survivability with the magic resist and more hp due to his passive.

**May consider changing last item from lichbane to force of nature if you need more survivability, never tried this though

Akudemi

02-22-2010

Here is my build for Singed. You may want to vary your boots depending on your opposition.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=56133

Balonar

02-22-2010

Why do people use Phil Stone? If you take ONE good hit (and as Singed, a character that needs to run through the opposing minions) you have to sit inactive for several minutes to regain half your health!

Why not start with a Mana Gem and some health pots first? The Mana Gem builds into a Catalyst (for your RoA) and the health pots make sure you can stay in lane longer.

A Phil Stone isn't for the gold on Singed, since he's one of the best farmers out there.

Regrowth Pendant is a waste as a first item. You'll get more healing from your level-up bonuses than from your Regrowth!

zoau

02-22-2010

stick with your build, its great. sometimes consider veil instead of roa. after your core items its about more tank or more kill and to me it means either veil (if you havnt) or void staff, or build another catalyst and decide later if veil or roa. and sopend some money on elixiers, you have it

Viro Melchior

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balonar View Post
Why do people use Phil Stone? If you take ONE good hit (and as Singed, a character that needs to run through the opposing minions) you have to sit inactive for several minutes to regain half your health!

Why not start with a Mana Gem and some health pots first? The Mana Gem builds into a Catalyst (for your RoA) and the health pots make sure you can stay in lane longer.

A Phil Stone isn't for the gold on Singed, since he's one of the best farmers out there.

Regrowth Pendant is a waste as a first item. You'll get more healing from your level-up bonuses than from your Regrowth!

This is exaggeration. If I get hit by a ranged character as Singed with Regrowth (no regen runes either), I heal it in about 15 seconds. The average auto-attack hit is about 60-70 damage early game. With Regrowth, Singed heals at 15.5, or 3/second. 20-23 seconds after being hit, you're fully healed. Sure a crit or nasty spell hit does more, but you shouldn't be running forward hardcore early, regardless of your item build, unless you just popped Ghost and have a potent fling lined up. And then losing half your hp doesn't matter, cuz the target is going to be dead from poison, ally, and maybe tower damage.

Yes, Singed does start farming well, but especially if you build Rod, getting a philo stone early is equally beneficial to the lategame, and does speed up the results.

Philosopher stone also gives you the mana regen early to help keep you able to fling/poison with less restriction early. It requires you spending 475 to start, and another 640. Of that, we can ignore 450 gold because almost no matter what you need *some* mana regen or using your poison to farm will leave you unable to gank. So a actual "cost" of 665 gold that you wouldn't otherwise be investing in mana regen. It then sells for 560 gold, but we'll say you woulda gotten 225 reselling a Meki anyhow, so you get 335 gold back off the cost of 665, or a final cost of 330 gold. That means that the Philo stone is worth it's weight after only 660 seconds, or 11 minutes. Plus is giving you better mana regen than the Meki.

And even with the Philo and Boots 3 or Mercury, I've never taken past 25:00 to get my rod. Usually getting it in the 19:00 to 22:00 period, which means it maxes by about 35:00. And my typical competitive games are running about 45-55 minutes, so no worries there.

Another fun build I've played with on Singed:
Faerie Charm + Rejuv Bead -> Haunting Guise
Boots 1 -> Mercury
Spirit Visage
Warmogs
Force of Nature
Thornmail

The result is incredibly ridiculous regeneration speeds, magic penetration to augment my marks (and enough to get anyone who doesn't have MR gear down to under 10), strong MR/armor combination, and a ridiculous hp pool despite ignoring his passive, which synergizes great with Thornmail.
Against a caster-heavy team, simply swap the thornmail out for a Banshee's Veil for the extra hp, mana (hp), and excessive boost to MR (reaching 200).

My typical build though:
Philosopher Stone
Mercury Treads
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature
Thornmail
Aegis of Legion
Sell Philo and get Guardian Angel

Nets you +191 armor, +168 magic resist, and a decent enough hp pool and regen rate, as well as the rod's AP boost, and Aegis giving the nifty aura for your team. By the time you pick up Guardian Angel, killing you becomes ridiculous enough that you'll almost never make use of it, and will be allowed to run rampant through the enemy team, soaking up CC as you leak poison and lob vials of sticky around to prevent the enemy from maneuvering well.

NissassA

02-22-2010

1. Mana sapphire + 2 healthpots
2. should have catalyst and maybe boots 1
3. boots of swiftness
4. make catalyst into rod of ages
5. banshess veil (might jsut be me but every game there is 1 ryze/ashes on teh opposite team)
6. Force of nature (8% run speed + magic resist)
7.Wardens Mail
8. if you want unkillable Gaurdian Angel/phantom dancer

normally i go Gaurdian Angel but there are thoose games where phantom dancers speed + dodge helps if u arent being focused

GenericName3

02-22-2010

My normal build usually nets me a 1.5-2:1 KD ratio by the end of the game.
Regrowth to start, then rush rod of ages.
After Rod is done, get boots (I usually go mercury or mobility, depending on enemy CC. Mobility is great for chasing/getting away from opponents halfway across the map, while poisoning them the entire time)
Pick up Warmog's, then go for either rylai's or stack sunfire capes like no tomorrow.
What usually ends up happening in late game is either:
1)I initiate, get raped by CC, and die (usually as a result of becoming priority target #1 after stomping 13 kills prior)
2)I initiate, rape their carry/caster, and then finish off the rest of the team.

I must say, #2 is much more common. Either way, you're amazing when you can bait the other team into chasing you with huge hp regen, while they're dying from poison. Once they're lower than 40%, I usually make a U-turn, flip them backwards, pop my ultimate and slow them, and rape their sorry asses. Nets me double and triple kills rather easily.

Hope this helped!