Not using q,w,e,r

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malduk

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredlockz View Post
My setup:

Spells:
alt+number for leveling them up

Summoner spells:
Q, E

Camera movement:
W,A,S,D
I use this very setup myself. But I have no idea how can you use items on Ctrl + #
It feels kinda awkward. Though, I'm still just clicking on items...

Kung Fu English

02-22-2010

Keep keybinds the default, and change camera movement to SZXC.

It's one row below the standard WASD and takes a few games to get used to, but after you will be set to go.

I put stop character on A and the rest of the binds default.

Dredlockz

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
I use this very setup myself. But I have no idea how can you use items on Ctrl + #
It feels kinda awkward. Though, I'm still just clicking on items...
used to do the same. but its hard to click those items, specially in the middle of a harsh battle.

Silent Reaper

02-22-2010

If you do not use Hotkeys soon you will fail , the 0.5 seconds is 10% of the normal 5 second team fights that most people have.

Razerwind

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivinAids View Post
This is like keyboard turners and clickers in WoW... Consider yourself queue dodged.
You can't compare the two. WoW has a global cooldown on most abilities so that clicking is actually viable (I did it for years when I played and was MT of my raiding guild).

In LoL, there is no GCD, and you actually have to target spells, not just be targeting someone, so it's impossible to be good at this game without using QWER.

Pwnacus Maximus

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivinAids View Post
This is like keyboard turners and clickers in WoW... Consider yourself queue dodged.

It's much less serious in wow because you don't have to target people in wow(with the mouse), I played as a rogue using the mouse to click, and did fine in pvp and pve raids.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Wait a second...you guys use the keyboard to move the camera? That's possible? And, why? Seems like a hinderance more than anything.

The Real RoTaN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

I was like you when I first started and I refused to use the keyboard keys. I can tell you first hand that using the keyboard over clicking on your abilities makes such a huge difference in gaming. Try to play Ryze without using the keyboard and tell me how affective you are with him

DJ Hoss

02-22-2010

I use 1, 2, 3, and 4 for my skills

Zombie Irwin

02-22-2010

It's best to just force yourself to get used to it. Just keep 3 fingers on q/w/e and use your other finger for spells and r. Your brain will either learn and adapt, or wither and die.