Not using q,w,e,r

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

02-21-2010

Ive been playing this game for quite sometime but i cant use the q,w,e,r cause i dont like how you move the camera screen so i use the arrow keys and mouse to fight and move.
I know its more (efficent if you use keyboard) but dose it mean i can never be that great unless i use keys because of the .5 secs faster attacks. i dont like using them,but what im really asking is it that bad.

Rhynocerous

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaz3king View Post
Ive been playing this game for quite sometime but i cant use the q,w,e,r cause i dont like how you move the camera screen so i use the arrow keys and mouse to fight and move.
I know its more (efficent if you use keyboard) but dose it mean i can never be that great unless i use keys because of the .5 secs faster attacks. i dont like using them,but what im really asking is it that bad.
I'm going to queue dodge you until you use the QWER keys. It matters that much.

Fleyr

02-21-2010

I'm sorry to say this but... yes. You can still become a smart player and a overall great player but you will always have the handicap of never being able to string all your spells fast enough nor be able to react fast enough to certain situations. Those .5 secs add up fast, and some champions require a fast sequence of spells. Every second counts.

In brief though, I'd recommend for you to try and become more comfortable on using them. Doesn't have to be all the time, but every now and again.

FrankyNi

02-21-2010

Actually it would be nice if you could bind keys , even on mouse buttons, that would be really great , now i also feel kinda handicapped because you cant bind your own keys you like or are used to , fix this RIOT please.

Blaz3king

02-21-2010

the only thing i dont like about it is that i have to move my cursor to the top bottom left or right to do some quick movements which annoys me cause i move the screen to much or to little

Fbsunny

02-21-2010

If you switch your WASD to move the camera, you could then also move your spells to 1234 and 56 for summoner spells. This means you don't have the on use item buttons but that is less important then your champion/summoner spells.

Jayce from Space

02-21-2010

This is like keyboard turners and clickers in WoW... Consider yourself queue dodged.

VoodoĆ³

02-21-2010

Just hold down spacebar with your thumb during team fights or whenever your in battle and moving a lot. This will center the camera on your champion and when you don't need it you can just let go. More people should use it,

SuperStunt

02-21-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3212

Use whatever set of keys suits your fancy.

Dredlockz

02-22-2010

My setup:

Spells:
alt+number for leveling them up

Summoner spells:
Q, E

Camera movement:
W,A,S,D

items:
Ctrl+1,2,3,4,5,6

Stopping dude:
Ctrl+Space (so that your hero stops and does not attack. useful for last-hitting timing, and to set teemo to stealth).

With this setup, I control the camera, spells and items with one hand, and just focus con selecting and targetting with my mouse.