Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GalacticFlame

04-04-2011

So I've played LoL for a few weeks now and I'm getting better at it. I really want a FUN character, and so I looked into it and I came out with Shaco. I was wondering whether I should or should not get Shaco. Is he fun? How hard is he? Also, any advice strategy ideas for Shaco are appreciated too! Thanks to any responses!

Yagyjubei

04-04-2011

shaco is fun because he can be played a bunch of different ways, has pretty interesting/useful abilities. I've only played him a couple times myself tbh but he didn't seem super hard to pick up to me, he has a couple cool gimmicks that take some practice but his escape is one of the best in game so he's great for not dying. as with any champ purchase tho I would try him out during a free week first just to make sure

also guides posted here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=68225

Wbs

04-04-2011

You play Shaco the same way he looks, as a total clown. A good Shaco has to REALLY mess up to get caught, and is even harder to catch on Twisted Treeline. Most people never see his ganks coming until it is too late, and he can jungle to make the most out of this ability. Unfortunately, he can't really be played a bunch of different ways (Melee DPS or AP and stack Jack in the Boxes). He also can not take hits. He will die to AOE damage against AOE teams without the other team knowing he was there.

Overall, he is one of the best assassins and an early-game monster, but you have to end the game early of else you will be outclassed by other melee carries and tanky DPS champions.

Kyoko Sakura

04-04-2011

Shaco is super fun, he starts out easy to learn, but the more you learn Shaco, the more you realize that he is one of the hardest champions in the game.

dudderz99

04-04-2011

IMO shaco is a very fun character....especially if you go ap and rig a bush with jack in the boxes
....ahh what fun it is to see your enemies health go down without you even touching him

profanumsicarius

Master Recruiter

04-07-2011

bump

GalacticFlame

04-07-2011

Runes. I've never ever purchased one, understood one, or even know what their purpose is! But now that I've actually gotten Shaco and played 2 decent games with him, I think it is time to invest in some "Runes". So, what are runes and what are some good runes to help Shaco in terms of survivability, and faster killing. As it turns out, there are quite a few instances when I (Shaco) go over to assassinate someone, but we both end up dying.

Shaco is really fun and I look forward to buffing him up. By the way, I heard there was some sort of series of nerfs on Shaco!? What! Exactly how strong was this Shaco before now? I've also read that Riot actually went a little overboard with the nerfing. I quote "Riot nerfs like this: little nerf, little nerf, little nerf, little, nerf. FINALLY KIND OF BALANCED! Then OMEGA CRAZY POINTLESS SUPER NERF". So, thought I might get some information on that. But the purpose is, I'm trying to find some runes for Shaco.

Wbs

04-07-2011

You don't have to worry too much about runes right now, but if you really want them I suggest armor pen marks, flat health quintessences, flat cooldown reduction glyphs, and either flat armor or mana regen per level seals. With the seals, mana regen helps in a lane while armor helps with jungling.

I was not around when Shaco was crazy op. but I have seen videos of him criting someone for half their health at level one using a red pot, deceive, backstab, and probably some runes. He could make the enemy team hug their towers for the first 1/3 of the game just by going AFK the whole game. His Q went on cooldown as soon as he casted it, letting him almost always get away from assassinating someone. His JitB were stronger, and his clone applied on-hit effects, sunfire capes (they stacked back then) and could have 100% crit with a glitch with casting his ult after using deceive. Oh yea, and he could cast his spells while invs too. And if I remember correctly he has received ONLY NERFS since his release, and is still a decent pick in games.

GalacticFlame

04-07-2011

I don't have to worry about Runes? So when should I care? Right now I really want to boost Shaco's critical hit up. I don't really have too much a problem with Shaco dying, other than when it's MY fault. If anything, Shaco's is one of the hardest champions TO die with. By the way, how can I get a lot of mastery points? You get one every level but that will take forever with a 21/0/9 build. I'm only level 10 right now so...........Any advice?

Wbs

04-07-2011

You get one mastery point per level, no workarounds to that, sadly. You don't really have to worry about runes because tier 1 runes give very small boosts, tier 2 runes are horrible cost-inefficient, and tier 3 runes are expensive and only usable after you get to level 20. If you want to boost Shaco's critical hit damage then just get some tier one armor pen marks (I have seen multiple calculations on the forums that show they give more damage on a crit that crit damage runes =/) but they will be wasted IP after you start getting tier three marks. I actually have quite a few tier one runes, but thats because I can't save up IP for tier 3 runes without spending all of it on some new shiny champion =/ Tier 3 flat HP quints are slightly over 2k IP each, and I don't have every 1350 champ unlocked >.>