Udyr with tank masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Well, right now I'm level 20 and I always always go into a game with tank masteries because I take fortify buffed with the tank talent that makes it do splash damage.
Now I just bought Udyr, cause he seems like a lot of fun to play. Trying to figure out what a good item build for him is for a few practice games.
All of the guides say to build him with dps masteries and utility masteries (21/0/9).
Any suggestions on which items to build him with?
The masteries don't really affect too much.

IS17c2e96290ba5ac8ac00e

02-21-2010

i'm playing on the european servers but i don't think that makes any difference i've been playing udyr for quite a while now and what i almost always start with playing him is:

vampiric scepter
boots (depending on the opponents)
sheen
malady

the rest of my items kinda depend on the situation though. trinity, frozen mallet... it's all up to you. a good udyr relies mostly on his gameplay imo.

i take the defensive masteries with purge & flash, it greatly helps with his survivability.

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

How does tiger stance work with sword of the divine? It says every 4th hit, so I dunno if that qualifies as an on hit effect or not.

sclimk

02-21-2010

heres how to own noobs

vamp scepter
serkers greaves
phage
sheen
zeal
triforce
malady
banshees veil

GG if not maybe frozen mallet/bloodthirster, i never get that far though

also, depending on what you need you can get red and blue crystals after greaves and then go phage etc..., sometiems i like the extra mana earlier.

DO THIS AND WIN

Andromansis

02-21-2010

I think stark's might be valued higher than malady

Mzum

02-21-2010

Against AP heavy teams, or fed annie's, I'll stack magic Resist.

Vamp Scepter
Mercury Treads
Wit's End
Phage>Sheen>Zeal>Triforce
Guardian Angel, Bloodthirster, or Banshee's Veil

Really helps against people who've started stacking AP. The last slot is open to debate. Sometimes grabbing a chunk of health is good enough.

As far as masteries go, I'm usually 8/21/1, stacking as much attack speed as possible. Utility is another option.

boni

02-21-2010

I usually go with mostly Utility masteries. More EXP, more Manaregen, more Movespeed, longer sigil-buffs and shorter cooldowns. As for itembuild.. depends. I normally start with a vamp scepter for lanestaying power (turtle + vamp <3), then boots, then sheen. I get greaves if they aren't that CC-heavy, else mercs. If you go Mercs, you'll probably need some additional attackspeed somewhere. After sheen I mostly go directly for Trinity. Phage first for the HP. I usually build a bloodthirster out of the vamp, if the game lasts long enough. Some survivability is also wise. (Veil,..)

AutoSponge

02-22-2010

I play Udyr with utility (for the CD and MR) and defense. My runes are RED: AS, Yellow: dodge, Blue: MR. I only level turtle and bear until they're maxed. I don't die much as a result and my late game is ridiculous.

Zylth

02-22-2010

I build for speed and health. I start with Phoenix/Turtle. Once I have them both lvl 2 I start working on bear. The reason I get Phoenix early is for jungling purposes. I usually go for

Malady
Mercury
Zeal (Phantom late late game)
Wits Edge
Frozen
(Banshee or more health depending on enemy team makeup)

sephofdeath

02-22-2010

tank? no
triforce + liz buff? yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromansis View Post
How does tiger stance work with sword of the divine? It says every 4th hit, so I dunno if that qualifies as an on hit effect or not.
it is on hit but on hit effects only proc on the first hit of tiger stance (like cleaver, mallet and everything else with on hit effects)

use divine with phoenix btw not with tiger. tiger is kinda useless really cuz the first hit (split) is such low dmg that crits and lifesteal are ****. just max it last for another dmg stance change