best way to build lee sin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pseudoskill

04-07-2011

items
skilling order
masteries
runes (i don't really use em, but in case someone else is lookin for help.)
general advice

all help is welcome.

xSnowex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Blindly! Pick random items as if you were blind! :P

midiout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

This is what I use:

Wriggles
Brutalizer > Ghostblade
Sheen > Trinity Force
Situational (Banshees)
Situational (Tanky or Damage)

21/0/9

Ignite and Flash Ghost

Arm Pen
Hp Per Level
MR Per Level
Flat HP

Pika Fox

04-07-2011

boots 1, wriggles, sheen, mercs, triforce. sheen can come before wriggles if needed.

after that mostly damage/ARpen.

Prolly ARpen, dodge/AR, MR/CDR, energy/5 runes. pick which ones where you want and go with em.

After that its just learning how to capitalize on your passive, when to capitalize on it, and when to burst. burst runs you ooe, passive use gives you great sustained damage.

Always Q the enemy you will R if you can.

GL, hope this helps.

FOH galo

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoskill View Post
items
skilling order
masteries
runes (i don't really use em, but in case someone else is lookin for help.)
general advice

all help is welcome.
first: I am a noob, and accept that. This won't likely work at high elo, though people there would have to speak for whether it does or not.

Currently I see 2 viable builds for him: tanky dps and ad carry. Which you do, largely depends on your team.

Tanky dps works best jungling

wriggles starting with armor
merc treads
frozen mallet
atmas
whatev counters the other team best (frequently bv, but others can be used as well)

summoner spells: smite/ghost

skills: jungling standard

r->e->w->q priority, with one early point in q at 4
i always use dodge yellows and mr/lvl blues (personal preference, most defensive would work). for reds i prefer arp and quints flat energy regen (don't have 3 of these yet, working on it atm)

masteries:
1+x/x/10+x
nuetral buff duration 2 ranks and imp smite are the only "required" masteries. He jungles so well masteries are not much of an issue. I prefer heavy offense at least up to increased arp for early ganking effectiveness, but it's not required.

stonewall's preferened jungle path is recommended. Just search the forums for him and lee sin to see it.

for laning I prefer a high ad build. something like
d-sheild
merc treads or ninja tabi depending on who you're laning against (usually merc treads)
brutalizer -> ghostblade later
black cleaver
after this build build to counter the enemy team. You should easily 0 armor people who build none into their build, +/- a dorans sheild. If get an armor stacking dps that's a problem you can get a last whisper or stark's but you should be good to go for either a mix of defense and offense of straight offensive from here on out.

skills:

r->q->w->e priority taking a level of e at 4 instead of a second w, sort of mirroring the jungle build with q and e flipped around. You want that jump maxxed to rock low hp people so they need to treat you like a ad karthus. If they get low and you land a Q it's GG for them if they're at low hp generally.
same runes as above

summoner spells: whatev you lane well with on a melee. (be aware he has flash built in) I prefer exhaust and teleport, but most laning spells work well.

I tend to prefer 21/0/9 masteries, but I can definitely see going for a more defensive build as well if you're worries about survivability or building a full tanky dps team.

for laning try to stay back and last hit against ranged. If possible let them push into your turret, especially at low levels. Lee Sin is very dangerous if you over extend and take some harass especially if you have a good jungler. If they drop to half hp and you get them out of position if you land even an e on them, q should not be hard to land. and between the jump and the slow you should finish them off easily.

Like tryndamere though, if your opponent is not at low hp and you try to low level straight up faceroll-attack them you're likely to die. He requires much more careful use of his abilities than most other characters. Especially laning.

edit: trinity force on lee sin is a tricky prosect. It's godly endgame, but frequently it does little or nothing early game. it encourages stacking AD and provides no defensive benefits. Because his abilities stack with ad from items and buffs (including masteries and runes) if you build for an early trinity your kick especially really suffers. This makes rushing a trinity a poor idea for most games, though exceptions always exist. If you say rushed a bloodthirster for ~ 800 less gold you get +100 damage with minion bonus maxxed out, and double the bonus [of trinity] without it. Also because of they way damage bonus for dropping armor to 0 works, AD or arp stacking will generally provide a better buff to your overall AND spike damage. Still wicked for the counter the enemy team parts of my builds, but not a good idea for a first item. (sort of like udyr)

AveSatanas

04-07-2011

21-6-3 Masteries.
Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver, Frozen Mallet, Wriggles, Banshees/Hexdrinker, mercury threads
w-q-w-q-e-r-q-e-q-e....