Ashe build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atarax85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Basically, what stats should I be focusing on as Ashe?
Damage and attack speed?

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Forget attack speed or crit chance, focus on damage and survivability, and consider a sheen/triforce later on to give you some more burst.

Ashe is supposed to be played as a bursty physical character, much like a mage, except she uses physical attack power instead. Think like Gangplank, except she has a guranteed crit.

Rawrful

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiKaze View Post
Forget attack speed or crit chance, focus on damage and survivability, and consider a sheen/triforce later on to give you some more burst.

Ashe is supposed to be played as a bursty physical character, much like a mage, except she uses physical attack power instead. Think like Gangplank, except she has a guranteed crit.
...What? Never seen an Ashe build like that. Sound horrible.

The only way I've seen an Ashe utterly dominate in a game was building crit chance, when she has a full crit damage rune page. Executioners Calling for your life steal, phantom for your attack speed and survivability, Infinity for dealing absurd damage on crits. With those three items and all your quints and marks in crit damage, you do 700+ a shot to squishies. From there you just build more damage items.

hockeystar17

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiKaze View Post

I base my ashe on speed and i do perfectly well but not good against health based champions but does the job good against towers and other champs that aren't health based

Whitemage82

02-22-2010

Ashe

Masteries

21/0/9 All physical damage increasing abilities. No points in improved summoner skills. 9 points in utility for improved teleport, mana regen, and the additional gold.

Summoner Skills

Flash and Teleport. Ashe has no escape so flash is very important. Teleport can be combined with a long distance arrow as well as farming large waves of creeps that appear mid game.

Skills

Always level ECA first. Always level Volley after ECA. Always level Frost Arrow after Volley. Bounty level when you cannot level anything else.

Items

Start with:

Mana Crystal Health Potx2
Mana Crystal > Catalyst the moment you hit 925 gold.
Boots > Zerker Greaves
IE

Your 4th item depends on 1. Are you 17-18 yet? If so turn Catalyst into Banshee's Veil 2. Not 17-18, get Zeal. Why Zeal? 8% movement speed. Ashe is very very VERY squishy and the best way you can dominate is not through kills, but just NOT DYING. Kills help though =)

Ashe can farm and with Bounty make a substantial amount of cash. You need to be farming ALL THE TIME.

5th item can be almost anything that helps you deal with the other team. However, 95% of the time I turn the Zeal into Phantom Dancer. You could get:

Last Whisper for heavy armor, Wit's End for extra MR, Executioner's Calling for support heroes or heavy lifesteal carries.

Most of my games end before I can finish Phantom Dancer.

Runes

For Ashe I have +20 Armor Penetration and +23% Critical Damage. At level 1 I can crit for 120. Coupled with Volley I can take mid's heroes down to 1/2 health at level one with the initial crit and the skill, leaving them open for an easy gank with a level 1 partner with exhaust.

Hope this helps! I have 100 games won with Ashe so I think I could say I know what I'm talking about but then again I might just be crazy.

Cynai

02-22-2010

I've had the best luck with this build in my 100+ wins with Ashe so far. Going to try many many more this week.

Masteries

22/6/2 - Full offensive, 3 in increased armor, 3 in increased MR, 2 in improved ghost and teleport.

Runes

HP Quints, Armor Pen Marks, Crit Dmg everything else (contemplating an atk speed build in the future).

Summoner Spells

Ghost - Its just a given...amazing for escaping (better than flash for high tier players), king at chasing, and brilliant for getting in and out of fights firing off volley.

Item Build

Mana Gem - 2 HPots
Catalyst asap
Berserkers Greaves
The Brutalizer
**Build Banshees if ur getting focus fired**
You shouldnt be even close to 18 at this point, so continue to get more atk damage (pref IE).
Build Banshees if ur almost 18 (should be) else, blood thirster or cleaver.
Should be gg, else get whatever you didnt get previously.

I place a very high preference on attack damage when I play ashe. Why?

1)You are most likely going to be able to get one or 2 hits off before the enemy ur targeting retreats behind the remainder of the team.

2)Volley's damage increases with attack damage - its going to be your main source of damage while ur taking pot shots at the enemy team before you go in fighting.

ummm other than that i think the rest is self explanatory - if you need some clarification ask away, GL and HF with ashe ! She is one of the most heavily underestimated characters in teh game.

Whitemage82

02-22-2010

Cynal's build is nice to. Brutalizer is awesome for the CDR, but I disagree on one point with his suggestions.

Flash > Ghost

Flash will get you out of Nunu's Ult. Fiddle's ult. GP's, Pantheon's, Amumu's. Flash will port forward out of Morgana's skillshot, BC's grab, Ryze's prison. Ghost does nothing. If you are already slowed ghost does nothing.

Flash can close gaps as an offensive move just as well as Ghost. Flash can NEGATE abilities like Kassadin's silence orb and single target spells like Dazzle or stuns from Annie.

An Ashe with Flash and Mercury treads can flash forward, CC wears off. She can volley behind her and escape. (LAWL at "An Ashe with Flash") Ghost you are still going to die because they will probably just apply a CC again.

In the end though it's what you feel comfortable with and she has some versatility to her to allow for different selections.

Good Luck!

Cynai

02-22-2010

If you are aware of your surroundings you never need to avoid nunus ult / fiddles **** in the first place. Its a good oh **** button though and nice to have - i prefer being punished if i fail to notice an incoming gank however, so that I can learn from my mistakes

Tyrfang

02-22-2010

I basically build what Cynai builds, except I start out with a Doran's Blade if I'm solo mid. Otherwise, Mana Gem -> Catalyst is fine.

My masteries are 11/0/19 and Flash/Teleport are my usual summoner skills.
Focus on movement speed, cooldown reduction and mana regen. You can get Magic Penetration 15% or 2 Armor penetration, difference isn't very significant.

Armor Penetration Reds, 2x Armor Pen Quints, 1x Movespeed Quint.
Dodge Yellows
CD Reduction Blues (I use per level, but flat CD/Reduction is fine)

Harass with Volley and remember that if someone is chasing you down, a volley over your shoulder will usually either scare them away or give you enough space to run.

Save ECA for initiations and catching runners (and occasionally sniping a guy who is recalling).

Rarely, you can also save ECA to get someone like Karthus or Fiddle who is channeling their Ult, but it's usually hard to target them with enemy heroes in the way.