0-7 Today. What am I doing wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink401k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Please don't be a smart ass and say losing. I'm really trying to figure out why it is I can't get first win at all today. I used to have an acceptable record, around 50%. But, recently, I can't win worth a ****. I've been playing Teemo, who I used to rock with. I use the physical build going Doran's Shield -> Mercury Treads -> Last Whisper -> Infinity Edge -> Phage (usually)... etc.

I had been having great success with this build, soloing mid and punishing people throughout the game. I even had a couple 2x - >5 - 10+ games, so I don't feel like my Teemo skills are horrible. However, I haven't been able to pull of a single victory today.

Some of my loses were because of general team ****pery. But others I feel like something is just going wrong. I play a little on the defensive side, staying in the back during team fights to focus on the main target and not die. I spread mushrooms throught the forest and BD holes to turrets to protect teammates... I feel like I'm playing well (except my most recent game) but still cannot pull off a win. Any help would be greatly appreacited.

vanin

02-21-2010

still no clue what happened in those games.

are u or ur teammates getting ganked alot?

are the opponents super coordinated, pushing and defending no matter where u go?

how many reliable non-ult stuns do you usually have on the team?

are you losing to a late game team wipes?

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Part of the problem is choice of character in build, though I can't say that it's the only problem, as you aren't specific. Teemo is a gimped character, he is not a good carry at all, and his AP build is kind of ****ed, but still better overall, as it suits his role better.

SmecssRaege

02-21-2010

Wouldn't sweat it man

It's happened to me before too and i consider myself to be a pretty solid player :P

(Top 3 chars are ashe/malph/sivir, ashe is 26w 9L @ 3:1 KD ratio, malph is 16w 12l @ just under 4:1 kd ratio)

So as you can see, those games i lose on malphite are RARELY my fault, but it happens =/

Also: There was one day a little while back (last week or so) i played approximately 25 games in 1 day, 20 of them losses, SEVENTEEN of them were 25 minute surrenders cuz my teammates were always so atrociously bad.

So yeah, it just happens sometimes =/

Kahryl

02-21-2010

Losing streaks are just statistically inevitable. It happens to everyone. Burn through it and it'll turn around

Saavedra

02-21-2010

I will make up a statistic and say that if you are new then 90% of your losses are because you or someone on your team is feeding. If you die in early game, it gives your opponents more gold and xp which lets them kill you more easily the next time, which snowballs to become worse and worse until you lose. Until you reach a moderate/high level of play, it is just plain luck as to whether you will have a feeder (intentional or not!) on your team or not.

Just remember that your #1 first priority is always to not die, or at least try to kill them more than they kill you. Be especially careful not to let the same enemy kill you more than once, especially a carry such as Ashe.

If you're not the one doing it, then realize that it's part of the game and the only way to keep your teammates from feeding is to join premade teams. Watch the play of people on your side or the opposing side who did well and add them to your friends list - maybe you can make a team with them eventually.

But I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that generally speaking, and especially at a low ELO level, whoever feeds loses, period, end of story.

wildfire393

02-21-2010

One comment about your build:

As Teemo has no reliable slow, Phage/FM become super important on him. I'd suggest your build going something like this:

Dorans
Boots 2
Last Whisper/BF Sword (Depending on whether or not you are forced back/killed more often and have to buy in parts, plus whether or not the enemy team has obvious armor stackers like Malphite/Rammus)
Phage
Other of Last Whisper/BF Sword
Vamp Scepter (keeps you from going back as much at this point)
Infinity Edge
Upgrade Vamp to Bloodthirster, Malady, Stark's, or Exec's, depending on circumstances (Exec's if they've got mundo/healers, Stark's if no one on your team has it, Bloodthirster if you have the money to get it in one go, Malady otherwise)
Upgrade Phage to FM
If game goes on, sell Doran's for Zeal, then up it to Phantom Dancer.

Pink401k

02-21-2010

Thanks for all the comments, guys.

1st: I don't know what's causing me to lose so miserably. It's not that I'm bad as Teemo. I might not be the best, but I sure don't feed. I usually have no more than 4 deaths in a 50 minute game. I also can get a couple of kills, but certainly a lot of assists.

2nd: I know that losing streaks are inevitable but my w/l is 18/26 or something like that. I've won 2 games and lost 10 of my last 12 games. Thats more than statistics.

3rd. I'll give that build a chance. Thanks!

Darkest White

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink401k View Post
Thanks for all the comments, guys.

1st: I don't know what's causing me to lose so miserably. It's not that I'm bad as Teemo. I might not be the best, but I sure don't feed. I usually have no more than 4 deaths in a 50 minute game. I also can get a couple of kills, but certainly a lot of assists.

2nd: I know that losing streaks are inevitable but my w/l is 18/26 or something like that. I've won 2 games and lost 10 of my last 12 games. Thats more than statistics.

3rd. I'll give that build a chance. Thanks!

Ack. So it's not just me. Today has been downright BRUTAL! W-L Record overall is around 190-160. Never had a streak like this. Today I'm 2-8.
Every loss has been a MAJOR BLOWOUT. We're talking 35 enemy kills to 8 Team Kills. Each game has been like that.
I figure its the games way of balancing the W-L record. Ideally I read you're W/L Record should be 50/50, so the game is sticking you with ultra bad players in order to guarantee you some losses. Once you get some losses back in your record you'll face others in your current situation who will rotate accordingly. :P

Jayce from Space

02-21-2010

Losing.