High death counts with Blitz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishDoom

02-21-2010

I play the big robot nearly every match now. I've noticed that I ALWAYS seem to have fairly high death counts, usually at least 8 or 9 (along with high assist totals, but not high kill numbers). Is this just something to be expected with Blitz? I'm always at the center of fights, and often seem to be the first target for the enemy champs. I suppose it doesn't help that I seem to peeve off the other team with the hook.

So other Blitz players, do you tend to die often? Or am I perhaps playing too aggressively?

Purgex

02-21-2010

I generally get a lot of assists, a moderate amount of deaths, and a few kills.
I play Blitz more than any other champ, and I have maybe 300/450/550 as my stats for him right now. That's off the top of my head though, so it may be off.

Shtealth

02-21-2010

735/344/763 for me with blitz in 94 games
I rarely die with blitz when I'm actually trying. He shouldn't be played like Rambo. I recommend flash and Exhaust for summoner spells, you really shouldn't have much trouble escaping situations with his W skill either.

Purgex

02-21-2010

I normally play fat kid in team fights. I'm generally not worried about dying so long as I kept the rest of my team alive. Generally I play a hybrid between damage and tank. Depending on how the enemy team is made up of, I've liked playing the burning fat kid haha. Sunfire Blitz is very fun, although not very effective haha

IrishDoom

02-21-2010

I do tend to favor a more DPS build, and I also probably extend too far into enemy territory occasionally. I will say, though, that since switching to all Blitz all the time, I'm 8 and 1. And in the one loss we had 2 leavers 15 minutes in!

gunsharp

02-21-2010

I tank with Blitz and used to die alot too since he's kinda slow and a pretty big target. I started using flash and it helps alot.

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Juke more.

RageQuit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

942-589-1859

Osamodas

02-22-2010

I die a lot as blitz too, but that's usually worth it since I tank for my team, but there are games in which I rarely die, those games where everything goes right and I get a Tiamat for the lulz and then ace stuff. Doesn't happen a lot, though. You should try to gank frequently too, as it knocks down the enemy, allowing your team to steamlol them more. Also, elixirs. The red one gives extra hp, very useful for surviving.

anata ga mori

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishDoom View Post
I play the big robot nearly every match now. I've noticed that I ALWAYS seem to have fairly high death counts, usually at least 8 or 9 (along with high assist totals, but not high kill numbers). Is this just something to be expected with Blitz? I'm always at the center of fights, and often seem to be the first target for the enemy champs. I suppose it doesn't help that I seem to peeve off the other team with the hook.

So other Blitz players, do you tend to die often? Or am I perhaps playing too aggressively?
How do you play Blitz? Tank? Semi-carry?

If you're a ganking machine, you're doing things right, and being targeted is merely the price you pay. Dump some of that extra gold into a Banshee Veil or something.