HP/level vs dodge runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

haaaaaaalp

02-21-2010

I was wondering why everyone thinks dodge runes are the best seal runes. As far as I can tell, hp/level runes allows a hero to take more physical damage starting around level 8 or 9. However, the hp/level also helps against magic damage and are significantly better at higher levels (assuming the hero has under 4K hp).

Lightwrks

02-21-2010

I have a hard time using anything other than Dodge & Mana/5 @18.

AFKray

02-21-2010

Dodge runes are the best defensive rune in yellow for carries. Also amazing for tanks and casters. It's simply the best defense stat. There is a reason they cost 820 a pop at t3

Korath Arcolite

02-21-2010

I prefer dodge to health, largely for the nimbleness bonus as Singed or as Jax. It's good for lulz when Yi jumps out of a bush, misses half his attacks then dies, gagging on poison or gets bludgeoned to a bloody mess by a lamppost.

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

There are tons of items for health.

There are very few items that give dodge.

Logically, if a slot can give you either health or dodge, use it to get dodge, because that's harder to get in game.

RedAmaranth

02-22-2010

Dodge is one of the most unique attributes in LoL. It gives u x% chance to fully negate a physical attack of any proportions (even "buffed" attacks like Power Fist).

For example ... If u have 10% dodge, u ignore 1/10 attacks which is the same effect like reducing 10% of all incomming physical melee/ranged attacks. (Should be obvious ... but math behind this : 10x 100dmg = 1000dmg, 1 dodged ... 900dmg. Same effect like 10% reduction ... 1000x0,9 = 900) This ofcourse goes only for physical damage. Preeeety cool imo ...

Next nice addition is that u can dodge enhanced attacks, thus making Blitzcranks and Nasuses angry.

Its also good to mention that theres a mastery in defence branch giving u incrased movement speed after a successful dodge.

HP is kind of self-explanatory. Imho, its not that effective late game just becouse any physical dps can take for example 300hp/hit, making ur HP runes worthless ... dodging his 300dmg attacks is always fun tho.

So ... imo, dodge is effective the entire round, while HP is loosing its effectivity even if its HP/lvl runes ...