Hybrid Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZXPrototype

04-06-2011

Some team comps have a healthy amount of AP and AD, but include shaco for the early jungle ganking prowess. My question is in these scenarios where a team already has AP and AD carries, is going hybrid for shaco alright in the mid-lategame?

One game, I started working towards some AD items with my core of wriggles boots and pickaxe (turned into IE or MBR), however I noticed that we didn't need more AD, squishy melee ad even more, so I turned my pick axe into a rageblade then proceeded to build more hybrid ADAP items.

Similar to jax and katarina, shaco benefits from double ratio scaling. My question is are these numbers for a single skill (E-shiv) worth the item build? Will stacking AD or stacking AP make shiv do more damage than building hybrid? Thanks

kwjnfkjsdg

04-07-2011

shaco is better off AD. AP is worthless on him. 99% of his damage comes from his autoattack. jitb is used for its fear, not damage, and you shouldn't be using shiv right off the bat in the first place as you need the slow for your autoattack.

jax and kat are actually viable as hybrid champs because they regularly use both ap and ad. shaco uses nothing but ad, he may have 1 or 2 skills that scale ap, but thats no reason to make him AP. i mean, nocturne's fear scales ap, is that reason for me to get a hextech gunblade for him? not even.

also, team comp decisions concerning number of ad vs ap should have been decided in champion select. if you want to play AP, shaco is the last thing that should come to your mind. even AP tryndamere is more viable

NugZehWrong

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
shaco is better off AD. AP is worthless on him. 99% of his damage comes from his autoattack. jitb is used for its fear, not damage, and you shouldn't be using shiv right off the bat in the first place as you need the slow for your autoattack.

jax and kat are actually viable as hybrid champs because they regularly use both ap and ad. shaco uses nothing but ad, he may have 1 or 2 skills that scale ap, but thats no reason to make him AP. i mean, nocturne's fear scales ap, is that reason for me to get a hextech gunblade for him? not even.

also, team comp decisions concerning number of ad vs ap should have been decided in champion select. if you want to play AP, shaco is the last thing that should come to your mind. even AP tryndamere is more viable

AP Shaco is definetly not worthless, you just need to play him right....

aroy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

hybrid is viable i use the build all the time but for it to work right you have to snowball.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugzeh2 View Post
AP Shaco is definetly not worthless, you just need to play him right....
lol k what are u gonna do in team fights throw a shiv every 10 seconds? cmon.

ap shaco only works on noobs who overextend and don't use wards. and if teams are smart and have tanks check bushes your strategy is screwed because all you need is a malphite to waltz into your little box nest and soak all the damage.

shaco's early game role is to gank. late game role is to assassinate the squishy. both roles benefit most from straight ad.

ap shaco has his lulzy moments where you catch a lone teemo scampering into your bush of death, but in all honesty it's just a troll build. you can't jungle with it, you can't gank with it, you can't fight with it.

ViSiOnInG

04-07-2011

hybrid builds suck.
If you want magic damage get bloodrazor.
/thread.