My internet crashes whenever i play lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minutemade

04-06-2011

Ok this has happened to me a few times now, I'm not sure if its the modem/router crashing or just me on my comp.

Now I'm 100% positive that it's lol thats causing it to crash, and not anything else. Because it only crashes when i play lol. And not only do i lose connection in game, but all my other programs that are connected to the net at that time will also disconnect. (browser, messenger, etc...)

I also can't use diagnose and repair, to try and pin point the problem. Because whatever it is, usually ends up fixing itself before any tests can be run.

Now more often than not, its just a minor inconvenience. Since i can usually reconnect right away. But today i played a game, where i had this bug and it affected my gameplay hugely. I was playing a jungler, and i fell behind 2 levels and alot of gold so i couldn't do anything...

I really need help finding out what this problem is, I know my vague description can't tell you anything. But the next time it happens, i want to be ready to try and find out.

So please tell me how i can find out what's causing this problem.

Jagerbomb69

04-06-2011

i havethe same problem except now im getting banned for leaving games because my game crashes its ridiculous, if you find a solution please post it because im banned for 7 days now its insane. its not my fault and i get penalized

mumbojumbo22

04-07-2011

Same problem here. I recently got a new computer and the internet connection works fine but when I try to play a game of LoL i'll be able to get through champion select and the loading screen but once the game starts I immediately lose connection, as well as my other programs like Skype that I'm usually on at the same time.

I checked my firewall to see if for some reason it was blocking anything from LoL but everything is allowed and I'm fairly certain it's not my router because my connection works flawlessly with everything until that LoL game starts. I also completely reinstalled the game twice and still no change.

A response would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to play league for a while now and I'm starting to get withdrawl haha

Jagerbomb69

04-07-2011

honestly i dont mind the game crashing nearly as much as i am irritated that im getting banned for the game crashing....idk i started my own thread about it but i think riot took it down for some reason becuase i cant find it again.

Minutemade

04-07-2011

bumping

constantein

06-15-2011

i know, i have the same problem. i just got banned recently for this. riot needs to put more thought into their tribunal system coz its lacking.

if valve releases dota2 soon, im sure to leave LoL because i know valve has solid servers and games

Usara Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

Same thing here... 31 leaves and counting lol!

Vigarious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

Curious, what modem\routers do you have. Also, wireless, wired, what kind of network card and or wireless adapter?

constantein

06-16-2011

Netgear CG814WG. its wireless, but i connected a lan cable so it should be fine. i forwarded all the ports that LoL suggested on their support site. computer firewall and router firewall has been adjusted to play LoL. I still crash.

i noticed though, that the usual heros i play which are urgot, xin zhao and shen hardley every have game crashes. recently ive been trying to play orianna though because she was free. i tried to play 4 games with her, all 4 of them lead to game start crashes but the 2nd one i was able to reconnect near the 20 minutes mark in the game.

inbetween, i played other heroes like sivir and urgot. (old heroes) and the game didnt crash.

i really think its LoL's incompetent programmers rather than my hardware.

i have the top of the line computer. 8gb ram, radeon HD 6870, i5 2500K processor etc. i play crysis and shogun 2 on full settings. my internet is fine, only dcs after the game crash on LoL. so it may be THEIR server problem.

Mortifis

06-16-2011

I can say with 90% certainty its rads_user_kernel.exe that does something. I have similar issue (made another post about it) where I pinpointed it was that program that did it, it didnt block my skype or so ONLY browsers, and always only happens with LoL, even after many re-installations. However there have been posts up, several of them, for a while now with no response from Riot. I'm hoping a lot of the same posts will open their eyes and get a response because not only does it make it hard to play but drains the will to keep trying League of Legends with this issue.