A Tanky Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

qwergjy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

I have been trying to play Ryze as a tanky caster that supports others to get kills. The idea is to stack a lot of MP and defenses, then help out in team fights. Q will still deal a good amount of damage, secure kills with W and increase the damage of casters with E. Would this work?

Tokinatoor

04-06-2011

Max Q then root then aoe,

Get frozen heart and banshees veil

qwergjy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

I know that Tear, Boots, Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart are essential, but what do I get after that? There aren't more mana items that are good defensively.

Clyton

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwergjy View Post
I know that Tear, Boots, Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart are essential, but what do I get after that? There aren't more mana items that are good defensively.
Deathcap. You already have an item that has the highest Mana and the highest Mana Regen, Since your Mana is maximized to the full potential for the most part, focus on the AP portion now. If you still want to keep the tanky caster theme, then go Zhonya's/Abyssal.

RoflTroll

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwergjy View Post
Rod of Ages, it give the highest mana (below Tear/AA) even without any stack on it, and the HP will be useful.

Let's say you do a usual QWQEQ casting sequence:

You will scales at the rate of
35% max mana(10% from Q and 5% from W)
1.55 AP(.2 from Q, .6 W, and .35 E, assuming you don't bounce it further)

0 stack RoA(525 mana, 60 AP) gives you = 173.75 + 93 = 266.75 more damage

Deathcap will adds about 200 AP without any other AP items, that's about 310 more damage

Abyssal is also an option, since by now your Q should be hitting in the 400-500 range easily the extra MR reduction could be worth quite a lot of AP equivalent.

qwergjy

04-06-2011

I don't really want to build anything that doesn't give too much survivability just for more burst, because I don't really mean for Ryze to get kills. Since Ryze has low base HP, would a Warmog be worth it?

lmaonade200

04-06-2011

take the advice of the post above you and build RoA's, gives hp, mana, and decent AP on top of all the defenses you already have, making you super tanky and hard to kill while still having amazing burst.

Claricorp

04-06-2011

grab Catalyst and boots, then get rod of ages and banshees asap, you will have a cata pretty much all game

ViSiOnInG

04-06-2011

sorc boots, catalyst, tear, banshees, frozen heart, void staff.

LilSam23

04-06-2011

final build:
boots (ur choice)
archangle
banshee
frozen heart
void staff
GA/Thornmail/FoN

DO NOT GET RoA