karic or kayle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BarrSupport

02-21-2010

looking for a good supportish/healing character. if i like to heal my teamates alot and buff them, but like to be decent when it comes to doing damage, who would be better? kayle or karic

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Taric, and here is why:
His passive ability makes beating on stuff a mana battery.

This combined with some choice items (I go with madred's razor as my first item to build), makes his mana pool virtually larger than other healing champions. Soraka does have that mana battery thing she does, but I haven't played as her.
Additionally, the cooldown on his healing spell (imbue) is reduced by 2 seconds each time you hit something.
Furthermore, his healing spell heals him for the same amount as he heals another unit for. If he targets himself with it, its worth 140% of the healing amount (instead of double, which would be OP). This allows him to shrug off most early harassment in a lane.

There is also his radiance. Its a small heal with a cumulative cost, but it also buffs the attack damage of all allied units in your vacinity. Basically, if you're laning with somebody that has attack speed buffs (warwick, sivr, tristana to name a few), you two can roll up on a turret, pop your respective buffs, and take out the turret, clean up the enemy minions, and then lane switch and do the same thing. It makes for some delicious times if your team has even feeble coordination.

Taric also has a ranged stun, which is great for using from the bushes to harass the enemy team. Use that, run out and thump em one (or 3 depending on your attack speed).

Then he also has shatter, which buffs your armor while it is on cooldown (I'm hoping they buff it so it adds a like amount of magic resist), and then when you use it... blasts a good area for a good amount of damage. Great to use when you run out of the bushes to smack the afformentioned stunned enemy one.

Compared to Taric, Kayle just feels clumsy to use.

SmecssRaege

02-21-2010

I vote for the complete opposite.

I find kayle to be extremely fun, and her ultimate is just beastly.

That ultimate ALONE can turn the tide of an entire team fight if it's well timed and on a carry hero.

And she's super fun to play as an AP build as well, and makes a more than viable nuker of sorts and is fun to play IMHO

Taric....personally....i think he sucks >_> but thats just me :P

Epistemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-21-2010

It was hard for me to learn Taric when I first started, but I easily picked up Kayle.

This is my view:

Kayle is more for supporting the carry, her heal gives a speed boost, she has a slow, and her ultimate (invulnerability) can allow your carry to annihilate the enemy team (There have been multiple occasions where because I invulned our carry/main dps at the right time, said player was able to kill the whole enemy team and we were able to turn the game into a win).

Taric is more for pushing towers/lanes. He has a heal that also heals himself, an armor bonus aura, and his ultimate is like a second Rally. With him I usually go Teleport and Rally, with this setup it's very easy to push towers, and I have won losing games for my team, because I was able to push so hard (it's even possible to kill a tower while an enemy champ is hitting you, if you got creeps/support and Taric's ultimate and rally).

I prefer Kayle, but Taric is good fun as well, just depends on your playstyle.

Xano74

02-22-2010

Completely depends on build.

I have played both Kayle and Taric extensively.

To be honest, as a support character, Taric trumps Kayle in just about every aspect. Taric has a heal, an aura which gives +30 armor at max level, a 2 second stun, and his ulti gives a large damage and health regen boost.

Combine that with an aura based build and Taric can keep an entire team alive.

I main Taric. A couple of games ago, a Twitch and I could kill all 5 of the enemy players by ourselves. I build by Taric as a fortress. Unless he gets ganked by everyone and has no mana, my Taric will not die. They would all attack me, and then twitch would appear behind and kill ALL of them. I could easily just heal myself afterwards. I ended up with 6k gold at the end of the game because I didn't even need to go back to buy stuff.

Kayle on the other hand only has 2 support powers. Her heal which is significantly less than Taric's and her Ult, which is good to save someone, but with Taric, your teammate will have so many bonus auras on them, they won't need to be saved.

Kayle I found is much better at DPS. Kayle can travel really fast with her heal, plus once you get her attack speed up, her slow+fire attack can really wipe out squishies fast. Plus people that get cocky can always be baited to almost killed her and pop her ult so she can kill them.

I like support characters. I have played Morgana, Taric, Zilean, and Soraka extensively to test each one out. Zilean used to be my favorite, but noone compares to Taric. Taric can pretty much hold an entire enemy team himself until backup comes.

Grist

02-22-2010

I personally enjoy Taric much more than Kayle and think he is much more versatile. There are some good arguments above me so I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but I prefer Taric over Kayle almost anyday. If you want to be more Support (heal, slow, invulnerability) than go Kayle, but if you want to be able to heal, push, and possibly do some nice damage go for Taric.

Different heroes for different playstyles.

wainrider

02-22-2010

Kayle is more liken to a jack of all trades master of none. I like her because she can fill any roll. She can become a good tank, an okay carry, a good support, and a good pusher. Though she'll never be the best at them. I like her more because I solo queue almost exclusively, so I just fill in what the team is needed with her. Unless you go AP build and the other team doesn't get an executioners, her heal is just for the speed buff. She is the biggest **** block in the game with her ultimate though and when it happens it feels so good.

I haven't played much with Taric but I would say he's a much better support than Kayle. He is the buff bot when getting items as well as his skills. He can also hold his own in fights. His damage isn't that bad either.

From your first post I think you would like him more. He's more suited to the things you said you liked to do. But hey, Kayle is going to be up for next weeks rotation give her a shot. She's also one of the cheapest heroes to buy. Who says you have to only like one champion?

The Fat Battler

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaguardian View Post
looking for a good supportish/healing character. if i like to heal my teamates alot and buff them, but like to be decent when it comes to doing damage, who would be better? kayle or karic
To be honest, healing in this game sucks. The best healer in the game is Soraka, and even then she's okay at it. When it comes to other characters, healing is only useful in the early game. Kayle's heal is terrible for the actual healing effects and much more useful for running around the map. Taric's heal is good for the healing effects early game, but it is lackluster later because you need to buy expensive AP items that don't really benefit Taric too much. Other than his heal, he has a small AoE that makes him a good farmer and a stun/nuke with terrible range and long cooldown. He is viable as AP, but not good.

Kayle is much better as far as damage is concerned. Contrary to what people say, she isn't really a Jack of All Trades. She's actually below average at everything except for one role. She's not bad at most roles, which makes her viable as a tank, or as a caster, or as pure support, or even as physical damage, but she isn't good by a long shot.

Kayle excels at one role: being a caster/support hybrid. Due to being a terrible farmer, she basically screams out for Mejai's. Her nuke, Reckoning, is 1:1 with AP making it very good and has low cooldown. It also slows down enemy speed and attack speed. Her heal, Divine Blessing, makes her move faster. What does that tell you? She has a decent chasing game. What clinches her chasing game is Intervention. You can use this on her to tower dive, speed into enemy ranks to get that last Reckoning on a runner, etc. Because of the fact that Divine Blessing and Intervenion can be used on someone else, she is a good support character for a Carry.

Taric on the other hand is actually not a very good character, except for one role. Imbue is his heal and, as I said, is alright and useful for staying in the lane early on. His AoE, Shatter, makes him a good farmer and is good for the armor buff. His nuke/stun is Dazzle, which is very useful in utility, but due to it's fairly long cooldown isn't useful so nuke. Taric's real strength is being an aura *****. Radiance is the best aura in the game, and fantastic not for pushing down towers but in teamfights. Stacking Auras on Taric is the best way to play him. Soul Shroud, Aegis of the Legion, and Stark's Fervor combine with Radiance to make Taric not only a huge boon to the team, but it also makes him quite tanky and people who figure out that you're the one buffing your team WILL target you, so you can take advantage of your tankiness.

Taric also has a DPS build which is kind of useful, though he should primarily stick with support.

So, as far as dealing damage goes, Kayle hands down. As far as buffing your team goes, Taric is probably the better of the two.

notliam

Recruiter

02-22-2010

I like them both, but I prefer Taric. I find Kayles ult is most useful to save people, and obviously that's a great bonus being able to stop someone from dieing.. plus his ult makes the target move faster which is nice, however Tarics ult is good for a quick heal if you're low on health and to push towers and to fight.. well it's useful for a lot of things. And his heal heals himself every cast, so he has little survivability problems.. his passive armour for himself + nearby allies is also awesome. And he has a stun, as opposed to a slow! I love him.