A tip for my fellow Tristanas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxXRazgrizXxX

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prush View Post
Not to mention...if you got 2 Phantom Dancers...you have enough speed.
Well put

Surrealist

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCrayons View Post
Back in dota, there was a character called Sand King... He had a move, like trists explosive shot, did aoe damage upon landing a killing blow. Getting a battlefury (dota's tiamat) was amazing.
So it would only make sense that it would work well on Trist.
BEST comment here, LOVE the sarcasm. +1 for sure.

(to the non dota players or bad dota players, the strategy used on that sandking is as bad as going ad on shen)

@OP - Downvoted due to vamp sceptor starting --> terrible idea, unless your ideal laning phase consists of you getting zoned out immediately.

Edited: I retract my downvote as I found out OP is only level 20. Go vamp sceptor!

kwjnfkjsdg

04-06-2011

i find it hard to take advice from a person who starts out with vampiric scepter with tristana.

and by the time you get a tiamat, trist will have established enough attack and attack speed to clear entire waves in seconds, making a tiamat insiginificant.

Corrowin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Tiamat is ok but a little silly on Tristana - the passive effect on her E is better than tiamat for farming anyway - you would need 450 AD for a tiamat splash to equal a level 5 explosive shot splash - and the splash range on Tiamat is so small that it rarely has a major effect on teamfights and it has nearly zero value when ganking.

Starting with Vampiric Sceptor, on the other hand, isn't really that bad. You're Tristana - you're going to be attacking things anyway, why not get started on that first Bloodthirster while you're at it? Proper use and leveling of E as a harass in the laning phase will let you keep your own life up with the lifesteal against all but the most powerful laners (I'm looking at you, Vladimir!).

XxXRazgrizXxX

04-06-2011

I know the vamp scepter seems a bad move and to be honest I thought it was too when I first started using it but... all I can really say is: Don't knock it till you've tried it. With Armor Pen and some defensive runes and good poking/harass in the early levels it works really well against almost any champion. Keeps your health higher than theirs which, with Tristana, is kind of a big deal.

Boots and health pots would work well too.. I mean I'm kinda bummed you guys are hung up on a starting item.

As for Tiamat.. again, it works really well for me. I don't understand the negativity from some people given it's just me letting the community know that this worked for me and might be worth a look-see to other Trist players in a custom or Bot game.

Teldin

04-06-2011

I've tried a few Tiamat builds on Tristana before and I find that I'm better off with my three main items - Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge, and Frozen Mallet. A lot of the time I just stay with one Zeal and only buy the PD if I have nothing else interesting. Tiamat builds are fun but really only effective for clearing minion waves (which you do nicely already). However, if you want some real fun, try stacking multiple Tiamats. Each one adds an additional 35% splash damage, meaning if you stack 4 of them you're doing 140% normal damage in an AOE around every shot. 4 Tiamats alone is +200 AD anyway.

Works better for a hilarious Gangplank parrley build but still very fun on Tristana too.

BeyondGodlike

04-06-2011

Rush IE or bust.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-07-2011

vamp scepter sucks as a starting item. sorry.

aside from the obvious fact that it promotes autoattacking=less last hitting=pushing the lane, etc etc, it's pretty crappy for survivability as well. it only lets you shrug off light harass occasionally..like if an enemy sivir throws a boomerang at you every wave or two.

but try playing an aggressive player...when i mid against an enemy with vamp scepter, i blow my entire load (ignite, nuke, exhaust, everything) at the very start, get their health down, and zone them out. you rely on attacking to heal. but if you step forward to attack ill just throw another spell at you. by starting with vamp scepter you just let me gimp your entire laning phase in the first 30 seconds. also, unless u have health runes, you have miniscule health regen and 4 health bars. if i was a tanky dps or a caster, i could take you out with flash+full combo by level 3.

and like i said b4, tiamat is a waste on trist, especially when u buy it that late in the game. and assuming u even get to your 6th item, you probably didn't have much trouble farming anyways. tiamat is better used on genuinely mediocre AD farmers, like shaco.

XxXRazgrizXxX

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjnfkjsdg View Post
vamp scepter sucks as a starting item. sorry.

aside from the obvious fact that it promotes autoattacking=less last hitting=pushing the lane, etc etc, it's pretty crappy for survivability as well. it only lets you shrug off light harass occasionally..like if an enemy sivir throws a boomerang at you every wave or two.

but try playing an aggressive player...when i mid against an enemy with vamp scepter, i blow my entire load (ignite, nuke, exhaust, everything) at the very start, get their health down, and zone them out. you rely on attacking to heal. but if you step forward to attack ill just throw another spell at you. by starting with vamp scepter you just let me gimp your entire laning phase in the first 30 seconds. also, unless u have health runes, you have miniscule health regen and 4 health bars. if i was a tanky dps or a caster, i could take you out with flash+full combo by level 3.

and like i said b4, tiamat is a waste on trist, especially when u buy it that late in the game. and assuming u even get to your 6th item, you probably didn't have much trouble farming anyways. tiamat is better used on genuinely mediocre AD farmers, like shaco.
Well then I guess I've never played an aggressive player because honestly I have not once had a problem with it (and to be honest I'm pretty sure i've played against aggressive players). I usually just hit them back, ignite, Explosive shot, and jump on them and they go running because I can keep more health than them in a 1 v 1. You die in the 1 v 1? Oh well then I guess you know this guy won't lay down easily and you call for a gank at level 6 or 7. No big deal. Pretty easy strategy that works 9/10 times.

Oh, and I don't buy Tiamat late in the game. I don't supplement it for the 6th item i get it either 3rd or right after I get my Zeal. It's not an expensive item and it builds with some pretty awesome perks. All in all it's extremely effective early game, allows me to hold off even a 3 v 1 push because all they'll be doing is facing my minions when I massacre theirs, and makes it easier for my team to push top and bot... not a bad strategy.

Also to the people that keep nay-saying vamp scepter, I spam my Q a lot if I'm being harrassed and get my health back pretty darn quickly. That's what's so great about Trist is once you have her W and her E you don't really need to focus on anything else other than her Q (and obviously her R) to make her more DPS-effective.

EDIT: Oh and a little side-note. It may be a small glitch that nobody noticed but her explosive shot passive stacks with Tiamat. So that means if you kill a creep by making another creep explode and that creep explodes from splash, the explosive shot passive not only explodes with the force of your E but with the force of Tiamat too. Significantly faster farming in the early and late game. Especially with fast Q and good last-hit skill. (AIM!)

DoransTroll

04-07-2011

I would suggest grabbing the two regen items from Tiamat as your first item. Having mana AND hp regen as a ranged is frankly, beyond excellent. Build the rest according to your normal build, then finish up Tiamat when convenient..