Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A tip for my fellow Tristanas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxXRazgrizXxX

04-06-2011

So I just got done playing a couple matches with Tristana. My last game I made a small change on my build to see what effects it would have with Trist.

Normally my build is like this:

1* Vamp Scepter ---> Bloodthirster
2* Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads (depending on enemy team)
3* Zeal ---> Phantom Dancer
4* Madred's Razors ---> Bloodrazors (This item is situational for me depending on enemy team comp. Occassionally I'll drop 2.8k on another phantom dancer instead
5* Some type of Armor... I usually go with either Warmog's or BV depending on enemy team but I have grabbed Guardian before if I really like NOT losing my Bloodthirster buff.
6* This item is usually variable but lately I've been going a lot with Infinity Edge or Tri-force

Well this last game I decided to supplement the 6th item with Tiamat sometime before I got Madred's... Oh. My. God. What a difference.

Not only was I able to farm 10X more effectively, but I became that much more of a threat in the later game.

I don't know if it's that Tristana players don't know about this little hidden gem or if they just simply prefer to focus on ganks, but in my opinion Tristana is all about farming and farming fast with last hits. You want last hits galore? Get Tiamat.

Assuming you're soloing a lane or just stopping a creep wave, by level 14 I was guaranteed 90% of the last hits in a creep wave with this item. No joke.

More details to follow later

Havelox

04-06-2011

I don't see why people are down voting him for trying something different, and sharing it with the community.

El Hebrew Hammer

04-06-2011

It's the LoL community. They're needlessly hostile to make up for their own insecurities in real life.

I don't play Trist, but I'll give it a shot if I do

NTCrayons

04-06-2011

Back in dota, there was a character called Sand King... He had a move, like trists explosive shot, did aoe damage upon landing a killing blow. Getting a battlefury (dota's tiamat) was amazing.
So it would only make sense that it would work well on Trist.

tumultuoustempus

04-06-2011

I guess the problem is that you shouldn't have much trouble last hitting 90% of a wave (at the point in the game) without a Tiamat, so it's just sorta easy mode when you don't really need it.

NTCrayons

04-06-2011

It may indeed be a bit of overkill. Needs testing. I'm totally trying this out when I get home though.

LCS Dyrus

04-06-2011

A lantern works good for lasthitting minions too, with that small chance of +500 damage. Plus the other benefits. At less cost than a BFS.

Ez0 Prush

04-06-2011

Quote:
tumultuoustempus:
I guess the problem is that you shouldn't have much trouble last hitting 90% of a wave (at the point in the game) without a Tiamat, so it's just sorta easy mode when you don't really need it.

I don't play Tristana often, but I have. Farming was only part of it. I can see her being a big threat in teamfights when her huge dmg is doing AoE in teamfights.

XxXRazgrizXxX

04-06-2011

I'm glad to see some people think it's at the least an interesting idea. I had a ball with it and that's mostly because once I got Tiamat I had my full build over the course of the next 10 minutes or so, and it would have been even faster had I not been holding off 4 enemies at once near our inner mid tower half the time.

Another thing I forgot to mention about the build. Eventually I would just get rid of the ninja tabi and replace them with either a Black Cleaver or Tri-force/Infinity Edge. Really your job as Trist is to deal damage like crazy, and with that amount of crit/dmg and lifesteal you really shouldn't have ANY reason to be running away. Besides, with Flash and Rocket jump you can basically juke any chasing enemy.

Regards

Razgriz

Ez0 Prush

04-06-2011

Quote:
XxXRazgrizXxX:
Besides, with Flash and Rocket jump you can basically juke any chasing enemy.

Not to mention...if you got 2 Phantom Dancers...you have enough speed.