Shaco - What a Silly Clown ><

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pythonhier

04-06-2011

So yeah after this week is up of me playing Cass (Cause she is free and I've been dieing to play her). I was going to work my way to getting Shaco (Who should also be on his way to the free list soon >w< ). Also I plan to buy him when I get enough IP. Anyways this is just a thread to ask for Tips on playing Shaco, organized builds and runes/masteries. I was thinking on AS/AD/Lifesteal, but my friend tells me that is what all the "noobs" think off the bat and I should do some more reaserch to figure out a proper build. So I am asking you! XD. What should I do with Shaco?

SabbathViper

04-06-2011

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=323

Best guide available right now, imho.

Please ensure you have the right jungling runes, and do not lane with him. If you do, you'll be disappointed, as he's easy to harass and his strength comes from his unpredictability and ability to gank, counter jungle, pressure, and splitpush.

Pythonhier

04-06-2011

Oooo, he should be fun to learn then cause I never learned jungling much yet. I tryed to jungle with Nocturne and didn't do bad, not good either, just average.

After looking at build:

I like this build I already have the glyphs/marks/quints cause of my previous builds for my Kat/Nocturne, all I will have to do is buy Shaco and the armor seals. Thanks XD.

Clonosaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

IMO Shaco is the hardest to play champ in the game. Yes, you're tough to kill thanks to deceive, but that's about the only easy thing about him. It takes a bunch of plays to get a good understanding of when and how to use each of his abilities.

Don't get discouraged, though, because the first time someone says "**** SHACO" it'll all be worth it.

Pythonhier

04-06-2011

Sorry I am kinda noob when it comes to terms (cause most of my gameplay I didn't trust many other people (8 straight losses when I started the game years ago)) So I never took the time to learn acronyms. Like IMO?

Isaac Wolfe

04-06-2011

Ok first off im gonna say shaco takes practise don't expect to rape right off the bat. Play a few games against bots 1st to nail done your jungle route and learn him. Also don't go AP shaco, i fell into this trap when i 1st got him months ago and found him to be kind of lack luster. My build is almost the exact same one up above except i prefer different runes. I like CDR gylphs. Shaco is one of those characters that even just being in the game changes how your enemies are gonna play. No one likes to be pushing a tower and making your opponent tower hug when a shaco comes from behind and shanks your ass. Also his boxes are a god send not only are they amazing for jungling and setting up ganks but pop one in the middle on a team fight and watch them fear for a bit, this can break an enemy team formation and allow for easy mop up. Also they last for a little while so u can use em as semi wards. But above all else practise and practise. Everyone fears a good shaco, no one fears a dead one.

SabbathViper

04-06-2011

IMO means "in my opinion".

He's right. Shaco is up there in the top 3 hardest to play champions. You're going to want to give up after a few games of getting steamrolled. Also, jungling is also hard to learn - not necessarily the routes (though its hardest to learn as Shaco because he has to set-up before he jungles) but rather when and how to gank, if you can gank, when to counter jungle, etc.

You may want to start laning with him and get used to how fragile he is, how much his abilities cost, what they do, etc... once you have the "feel" of his limits down, then you can learn to jungle in custom games by yourself. If you need help, add me in game.

EdgarrAllanProe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Get sheen, that's all i can say if your laning, if you're jungling, go with w/e works for you.