Poison damage!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePolishOne

04-06-2011

A question about poison damage.

Champs like Teemo and Cassiopeia deal damage over time through poison. Is poison dmg lowered by magic resist? Does magic pen make poison do more dmg over time?

I under stand these things affect spell damage, but what about the poison dmg over time?

ThePolishOne

04-06-2011

Shameless bump?

joshiez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Yes, as long as the damage is considered Magic Damage, Magic Resistance will lower the amount of damage you take. This is true for poisons like Teemo's Toxic Shot as well as his Mushrooms and Cassiopeia's poison.

AzgarthX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

what joshiez said, and i may add, items like malady which reduce mr over time will also increase the dmg being stacked by poisons like teemo's auto atk

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-06-2011

Keep in mind that 'spell damage' is a misleading term. It could mean either 'ability damage' or 'magical damage'. The latter is a type of damage (physical, magical, true), while the former is just as misleading, as it can be any of the three types.

We'll take Pantheon for example, both his Heartseeker Strike and Spear Throw abilities deal Physical damage, so they will be reduced by Armor rather than Magic Resistance.

I don't believe there are any DoTs that deal physical damage at this time (note, 'DoTs' are different than channeled or persistent effects, a DoT is a fire and forget, regardless of where the enemy is positioned once it is applied).