Advice AGAINST Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flandag

04-06-2011

Well, I've always had problems fighting Cho'Gath in the past, and now he's free this week so I am expecting to fight him often.

Does anyone out there have any advice on how to play AGAINST him? My main champs are Janna and Malphite, but I'd be all ears for any advice concerning any other champions as well.

Thanks, and cheers!

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

If he builds AP, treat him like most other casters. He actually loses HP quickly when built AP despite that large HP bar. If he builds tank, avoid him and ignore him. In both cases, dodge ruptures and try not to be in a bad place if you get silenced. If you're low on health, stay away so you don't get feasted. If you're squishy, stay away so you don't get feasted.

Warrrax

04-06-2011

If you can beat him down early so that he can't build up Feast stacks, this helps immensely. Once he gets killed, it takes a while to rebuild. Since most Chos assume high health, they focus more on armor/MR if tanky. Thus, losing 900 health from feast stacks is very hurtful.

FaerellG

04-06-2011

He has no sustained DPS.
Pack a banshee's veil and get good at spotting and dodging his Ruptures.
He'll be forced to use Scream to break your veil and feast you then.

IMSOJUICY

04-06-2011

cho is a lot weaker in lane now after his nerfs. if he doesn't have a good lane partner with him, you can bully him all day.

Teddy Roosevelt

04-06-2011

Well a person who is new to Cho is fairly easy to kill, just make sure he doesn't feed and stack up on feast early-mid game. Once that happens just dodge his ruptures and in a team fight keep an eye on him even if he build tanks as his rupture and silence can screw you over. However if you play against a good Cho I would just try to gank him with a 4 or 5 team members. I'll tell you now, I once got fed a bit and 3 people couldn't gank me while i was alone. All in all just try to avoid him and you'll do fine.

Kogrek

04-06-2011

Cho's been nerf batted hard alot, so really just play it safe and watch out for the actual good cho's, those are the ones that will give you trouble.