Dr. Mundo Impressions: No good in 5s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlTheHoly

04-06-2011

Apparently Dr. Mundo isn't a very good "team player," or so I hear. Even from personal experience, I find that Mundo is an oddball.

Mundo can build a tank and try to contribute to teams by absorbing damage, but there are much better champs for tanking, especially since Mundo has no CCs for messing with the enemy team. He just gets ignored and does no significant damage.

Mundo can build full on AD/AS and make awesome use of his E, but then he has difficulty using his survival tools as he can't take damage easily now.

Mundo can build a little of column A and a little of column B, But then everything he does is too average. He'll do decent damage, be decently tough to kill, but he still offers nothing to his team. Dr. Mundo has absolutely no utility that any other champion can't offer in 5v5. yes, I am fully aware Mundo is ridiculous in 3s, but I think he's very situational in 5s, and is practically inferior to the rest of the cast, any other bruiser or dps is a vastly better choice over him. I am of the opinion that Mundo needs to be revised in some way to make him more viable in 5s, and less ridiculous in 3s.

If anyone can explain anyway at all that Mundo can be useful to a team in 5s, please I would love to know, Dr. Mundo is one of my favorite champions, and I love to play him, but no matter how I build or play him, its never satisfactory, especially for the teammates I oft find myself matched with.

Maitcher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Normaly when i play mundo i try to slow targets running away and try to absorbe as much damage as possible, ofc his not a too good champ but his decent. His easy to lane with etc. He also offers some nice ganking abilitys. And if you're a good sport you rathere die and let your team escape then just dying on the spot.

rederoin

04-06-2011

Build Leviathan, warmogs, boots, atma's, 2 PD's.

and voila, a usefull mundo.

AlTheHoly

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
Build Leviathan, warmogs, boots, atma's, 2 PD's.

and voila, a usefull mundo.
That's just absurd. On top of that, getting a sufficient number of stacks to make Leviathan worth the purchase is difficult. I'm not that great a player at all... And 2 PDs seems wasteful too. I should be getting Spirit Visage somewhere in there...

MadScientistMan

04-06-2011

The thing about mundo is that none of his abilities scale with anything (except his fire and nobody uses that for damage anyway) so you build full tank and get the same damage you would get from another build. And his slow is annoying as hell, which sets you up for his teams CC.

He's a really good team champ because of his non ignorable presence. What I mean by that is you will try to focus the carry and realized your not going to win because someone is keeping his W on and spamming his E so suddenly you can't kill the carry or the guy who interrupted your kill. Then he will either give you a cleaver in the face or ult and then you just realized you did no damage to him at all and your about 50% hp. This is how mundo works and he does his job very very well. You could also go into any teamfight anywhere do a considerable amount of damage or tank the turret they're hiding under while your team kills them, and live.

Hope that's the info you were looking for and I hope it keeps you playing mundo because he is a very fun champ.

Birdy51

04-06-2011

Mundo is one of the few champions who can escape with backdooring capabilities, mostly due to shear will, and the fact that he can gobble up CC like a mad man. I've had entire teams try to stop me, but through a bit of maneuvering, I managed to get out of it with Ghost and Sadism.

I may self always build like this...

Warmog's/Merc's treads or Beserkers Greaves depending on the situation.
Spirit Visage aids Sadism.
Situational item such as Force of Nature or a defensive item like Raduin's omen.
Stark's Fervour to take advantage of Mundo's natural attack strength and as a simple team item.
Finally if the game is lasting this long, I grab Atma's to bulk my power.

As you can see, I run a tank Mundo. Never really tried DPSing much with him, mostly because it's just entertaining to watch all five of the enemy team go down to bot to stop me, only to epic fail!

rederoin

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheHoly View Post
That's just absurd. On top of that, getting a sufficient number of stacks to make Leviathan worth the purchase is difficult. I'm not that great a player at all... And 2 PDs seems wasteful too. I should be getting Spirit Visage somewhere in there...
Stacking it is possible, its replace with another defensive item.(preferable warmogs).
2 pd's is far from wastefull.
110% AS, 60% crit, 30% movement speed.
How is that a waste?

moneypouch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

Mundo is becoming a better pick in 5s as the nerfs keep coming for the tanky dps and he gets left alone

prob with mundo is that he is shut down hard by ignite/executioners he relies to much on his insane regen to be able to get into the middle of their team kill the carry then get out

but he has alot of mobility and a really spamable slow that hits hard before mr so I feel that he is a good pick in 5s

rederoin

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientistMan View Post
The thing about mundo is that none of his abilities scale with anything (except his fire and nobody uses that for damage anyway) so you build full tank and get the same damage you would get from another build. And his slow is annoying as hell, which sets you up for his teams CC.

He's a really good team champ because of his non ignorable presence. What I mean by that is you will try to focus the carry and realized your not going to win because someone is keeping his W on and spamming his E so suddenly you can't kill the carry or the guy who interrupted your kill. Then he will either give you a cleaver in the face or ult and then you just realized you did no damage to him at all and your about 50% hp. This is how mundo works and he does his job very very well. You could also go into any teamfight anywhere do a considerable amount of damage or tank the turret they're hiding under while your team kills them, and live.

Hope that's the info you were looking for and I hope it keeps you playing mundo because he is a very fun champ.
Tank mundo is useless.

He does scales just as much with damage as most AD carries.
-Tristana
-Twitch.
-Trynd.

He scales very well with AS.

moneypouch

04-06-2011

building mundo like a dps is a waste he has more than enough dmg from his q/e to complete his role as a carry killer
shield/boots/spirit visage/ then sunfire or FoN depending is the way to go
then grab some hp+atmas if u feel u need more dmg or are just carrying hard