<<< AKALI vs KATARINA?????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kenjou5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

what's the difference between akali and katarina? it seems like they have a similar play style melee burst. but who is the better champ and why?

Fireryda

04-05-2011

Akali.
Katarina relies on her ult to do any damage and it's easily shut down by a CC.
Akali on the other hand only needs to hit Q + auto attack to do massive damage to one person.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-06-2011

akali is a better assassin, meaning if theres a pesky sona way in the back, akali will be able to take her out more quickly, efficiently, and easilly.

katarina fillls-ish the same role in that she will still target the squishy, but she wont necessarilly be able to take out that sona from full hp. she is a much better team fighter though in that her ult functions like kennen or fiddle's ults.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2011

The two are totally different. Akali dashes in to the squishy and bursts them down very quickly. Her damage is very single target focused and she doesn't do much AoE. Katarina in contrast deals a ton of AoE damage and her goal is to dash in when everything is clear and wreck havoc with her ultimate, hopefully snowballing the fight to victory with her passive.

Dakkas

04-06-2011

Kat is a walking Ultimate with breasts
I will be downvoted but it's the truth. It makes or brakes fights

Kresterz

04-06-2011

So, if I were to compare these two to Irelia, which is better?

Magoula

04-06-2011

Akali is great early game with her burst, but her burst is ultimately limited by her AD scaling, and late game she has trouble keeping up with everyone. If you scare her into her bubble, she's ignorable. If she's fed early, you're screwed.

Kat can do decent damage with her Shunpo, and if she can get her ultimate off, can easily take down one or more players. Everyone is at risk of getting rocked by CC, Akali included. Kat if built AP has a ton of scaling to do massive damage, and with a Void Staff and/or Abyssal Scepter, she's deadly. With Rylai's, you can keep your enemies within range to chase them down with Shunpo for the kill.

Irelia is pretty much like Kat, except she's all melee and has her Shunpo like move, but she has a stun if you happen to have the right amount of health at the time. Unfortunately, her ultimate sucks. It's slow, requires targeting, and once someone sees you using it, they can easily dodge it.

If a team sees an Irelia, they don't say anything. If they see an Akali someone says "don't feed Akali", but if they see a Kat, they scramble to figure out who is going to have the job of shutting her down all game.

Kresterz

04-06-2011

Funny because I main Irelia and now I am deciding on whethetr I buy Akali or Katarina and was hoping that by using some of my skills on Irelia and working to convert that into playing either Akali or Kat.

Irelia's ulti is actually very effective because mosy people are bad at dodging it when they are running back and I can use its long range to snipe them. I know that when I cannot chase them down, my ulti will be able to.

FaerellG

04-06-2011

I think Akali overall is better, but both are devastating if played correctly.

Akali has superior single target burst damage as well as an excellent survival mechanism (shroud, most people won't by detection for it). Akali also has more survivability due to her passive life steal.

Kat has decent single target nuke that can be used as an escape as well. In a team fight, she deals more damage due to her ult and her passive. However, Kat is more fragile as well because she relies on decently long CD abilities. Kat really needs kills/assists in order to continue doing damage. Hit her with a stun during on of her ults and her effectiveness is greatly diminished.

SuperChoob

04-06-2011

Akali likes to do it to one person.

Katarina likes to do it to them all one right after the other.