Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion: No penilty for leaving all bot games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

etothepii

04-05-2011

Hello. I'm new here, and I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

I wanted to suggest a way for players to leave all-bot games without penalty. For example, let's say a player wanted to kill time while waiting for another person to finish their game. It would be nice if there was a way for the player who started that game to end the game without penalty once their friend becomes available - especially considering there are no other human players who would be affected by ending the game. Though the sole human player could surrender, the game won't let a player do this until a certain amount of time has elapsed, so it's not perfect.

On a similar note, it would be nice if players could vote to terminate a (custom) game. Expanding on the above example, let's say two players were waiting for another person who was in a match, so they start a game for just the two of them. I think it might be helpful if there was a way for them to mutually agree to terminate the game, without incurring a penalty.

To avoid possible abuse of either of these features, you could easily enforce a rule that prevents any XP/IP from being awarded if a game is terminated.

Thanks for any consideration.

Regards,
szim90

Ellye

04-06-2011

You already can leave Custom games with no penalty at all, unless this was changed.

Wolfcub11

04-06-2011

I think he means Coop Vs AI Matchmaking.

Ellye

04-07-2011

Quote:
Wolfcub11:
I think he means Coop Vs AI Matchmaking.
Nah.

Quote:
especially considering there are no other human players who would be affected by ending the game.

Quote:
On a similar note, it would be nice if players could vote to terminate a (custom) game.

etothepii

04-07-2011

Ellye is correct - I was only talking about custom games.

I did want to double check, before my friend or I do this - it's safe to do this (it won't harm either of our accounts or leave some kind of record in our profile)? I was concerned when I tried to quit a custom game, and received the "leaving a game violates the summoner's code..." warning.

Thanks for your help,
szim90

Warrrax

04-08-2011

There is no penalty. But the warning added to Quit Game makes you think there is a penalty because it was globally added to End Game, regardless of what 'mode' you are playing in.

etothepii

04-09-2011

That makes sense; thanks for the help everyone.

Also, as a suggestion to Riot, perhaps you could either change the exit message for custom games so users have a clear indication that there will not be a penalty for leaving a custom game. Alternatively, if that is difficult to do, perhaps you could add a "does not apply for custom games" comment after the global quit warning.

AnythingFFS

08-31-2011

+ 1 on having the message only speak the truth.

I'm new and had that message come up the other night in a custom game I set up with me and 9 bots. It had me spooked.

Out of curiosity, if I set up a custom game to practice with a friend plus bots, is there a way to leave without a penalty or defeat? It's nice to be able to muck around while waiting for some friends to come online and/or wrap up their game.