Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

getting banned because my game crashes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jagerbomb69

04-05-2011

any time i minimize my game while playing, the game crashes on me and forces me to log out and reconnect to the game to keep playing. the issue that im having is that im now getting banned for quitting and being afk when its not my fault, its the games fault. Ive already reinstalled it several times and it has not fixed the problem. Just recently i was banned for the game crashing and even though i made the effort to reconnect i was still banned. this is not fair that im being penalized for something that is not my doing. please fix the bug and lift my ban because it is unjust and uncalled for

Mike007

04-05-2011

dude i give ya a hint , riot dont care about any of that , look at me i have a ton of leaves due to the same thing , but nooo they still give me day bans n garbage , they like to ban rather than just fix the issue

Jagerbomb69

04-09-2011

that sucks, i dont know how you can develop a game and then be too lazy to fix the major issues with it and not atleast lift my ban its not like it would talk more than 2 mins to do so....w.e

Oddments

04-09-2011

Quote:
Jagerbomb69:
any time i minimize my game while playing

Right there alone is the reason you won't get banned and it's an issue with your hardware, not the game itself.

NO ONE I know that plays (over 100+ players in a community I know that play) has this issue, nor anyone I know from my actual local area that plays has this issue. It's not an issue with the game if it's so specific of an issue as to crash ONLY when YOU minimize.

That reason alone tells me that you aren't going to get unbanned for complaining about it. Riot will just tell you not to minimize until you fix your own hardware issues.

Jagerbomb69

04-10-2011

Its not just when i minimize its when ever anything pops up in the background, like if the connectivity of my internet changes, i get a small pop up on the corner of my screen that say the internet quality and my game will crash when the pop up comes up, also sometime completely at random my game will spontaneously crash on me, ive reinstalled and updated and done everything the riot help forums say to do to fix these kind of issues and it doesnt help. I have a very expensive comp so i can tell you right now its not my computer. Regardless, I shouldnt be banned when IM NOT quitting is my point the banning system is so FLAWED and i know there are HUNDREDS of reported issues with games crashing and issues with the banning system so its not JUST ME its A LOT of people who are ALSO having issues. It sucks to see that when even a free game gains significant media and public attention, they stop caring about teh people who play the game....

Obeyance

07-26-2011

I just started playing this game 2 days ago or so... Since then i have had to create 3 accounts to play just because...

A:
If you leave a pregame lobby... You get flagged. I find this stupid because its a pregame lobby and there is no reason why you should get penalized for leaving... Its not the game, the game hasnt started yet and what if you only like to play with 1 person? That makes since right, someone takes your guy and instead of sucking balls for 40 min and getting your ass handed to you, your team mad at you, and a loss for you and your team on record... You could just leave and save EVERYONE the headache.

B:
Game Crashes. Need i say more? Everyday i crash at least once on this game. Ill be just playing normally then "screen freeze, sound glitch, crash to desktop". I have come to the conclusion that you just need to restart you computer before trying to log back in because it lets me log all the way back into the game but as soon as i see the ground it crashes me instantly back out. Then gives me a leave... Thats the most absurd and, to be redundant and make my point, ridiculous thing i have ever seen. If it knows you crashed, and there is a dialog that you can send in, why in the hell does it not have an attachment that is sent in that prevents banning for it? There is nothing wrong with my system or hardware... Its a new windows install with only necessary software installed to listen to music and watch youtube videos. Thats it. Im a linux user and there is nothing on this PC that should be causing game crashes. Any other game i have played on the PC even before linux... i could leave on for weeks straight and would only turn off it i wanted it to. My PC uptime has been on average 2 weeks without a restart, even when i was heavily using windows for gaming/programing.

And now C:
Penalty for idling... I can understand if you dont do anything the whole game or most of it but.. I had to run to the bathroom for an "emergency" and i spent a fair amount of time but not an absurd amount of time in the bathroom. I came back and i had a lil popup warning me about spending to much time idle i was like k i wont be just had to take a poo ya know. My team mates knew i what i was doing... they knew i would be right back... teh game was not in dire need of attention and they were doing fine w/o me. But as soon as we won, the game was over, got to the score screen, chatted with the guys there.. friended a couple... leave to join a new game.. *BAM* YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED FOR 1 DAY~! FOR ABANDONING TEAMMATES~ <--- Most ridiculous **** ever.

So this shi has annoyed the piss out of me. I come in here trying to see if my situation is unique and it is not. What kind of company makes it so the game is a challenge to be able to even log it to? I can understand punishments for leaving... But if your honestly trying to get back in and the game keeps crashing or you have to use the bathroom which, in an hour you may not not that you need to go till you need to go, is unneeded. As well as it being 3 times. I think it should be more like this.. You click "Exit Game" you get penalized. If you End Task and rejoin it should ask if you want to resume or not.. If not then you get penalized. But even if you EndTask LoL, i think it should keep asking you if you want to rejoin and only until the match is over or you click "no thanks" should it penalize you. As for idle... Maybe 10 min is to long if your teammates are being beat down, but i think THEY should have the ability to penalize you... not some automated BS that has no feelings or an inkling of what was going on.

Been complaining about it all day and night to everyone i know thats a gamer. What a bunch of garbage this system is. The game is chill but the rules are ... not realistic for the needs of gamers. I could understand more if this was a big money game. Like everyone played for real life money... or it was on ladder matches only that these rules applied... But i know that i have hindered the performance of a team as well as ruined their gaming experience because i was not able to play anyone that i had a clue how to play and be good with. Infact... the couple times that its happened i got my ass slaughtered and had the whole team pissed off at me for being "noob" and all the other banter you can toss at someone for dying to much or playing poorly.

Thats my 2cents.

PsychoAbaddon

07-26-2011

Crashing from minimizing? Just play in windowed mode, or upgrade/make changes to your PC. Its hardware issues.

Also to the person above me, the penalties need to exist for the inconsistency in trolling/rage quitting. Makes the game play just a bit more stable and fun for the rest of us who hardly leave games.

Obeyance

07-26-2011

PS. My game just randomly crashes. I dont have to have anything running or tab out or anything to have it happen. Also, i tab out all the time and it works just fine. As a control, i know that it crashes regardless if i have tabbed over to browser or not. This is a software issue with the software that is being used. And if there IS a hardware issue, then it surely is one that should be listed as my components are not off the wall components. Nvidia, Gygabite, AMD and Corsair. There is a HUGE swap on this drive and 50 gigs just to play this game with and watch youtube/netflix. So if this is a hardware compatibility issue, then they need to give a warning that these hardwares cause issues with the game which WILL lead to unintentional 1 day suspensions automatically and that you agree or disagree that you are taking this risk.

Starting out as a new player trying to learn the game and having to make 3 fking accounts to just play is ridiculous. It doesnt even seem like i did anything to have them banned... Just ridiculous... FYI: Im 28 years old and have been playing PC games for over half my life (more than 14 years). I started out on video games in the early 80s with an Atari2600. Not many people playing games now days can say that they played... Atari2600, Color Computer 1 and 2 and the Oddesy II, and then comes the 90s with the NES and so on. Im a team player, i like to win. Even though i sometimes get very upset in game, its usually not until i have exhausted every other means of dealing with an issue does it get to that point. I normally dont back out but sometimes there are times that you need/want to. Children are a huge cause of this reason. I got a idle warning... because i was having to dicipline a 4 year old about calling his mother a B word... I dont think waiting 30 min to finish the game then confronting a toddler about "what he just did" is the right way to go about it. These automatic rules are like i said... just ridiculous.

PsychoAbaddon

07-26-2011

Alright, but I was just saying why they're there. Since you're new, yes. these penalties are needed to prevent what I mentioned. I do agree that the pre-game penalties are a little too steep. I made a suggestion on the pvp.net discussion page if you wanna try to keep it alive.

Mine crashes from time to time also, but I usually get right back in with no problem.

As for personal issues, I suggest limiting yourself to 3v3 games, and taking breaks between games, or just playing when no ones around and you have the free time.

Edit: I was looking through something and found this.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
Maybe update your drivers for the crashing problem you guys are having.

Obeyance

07-26-2011

Quote:
PsychoAbaddon:
Alright, but I was just saying why they're there. Since you're new, yes. these penalties are needed to prevent what I mentioned. I do agree that the pre-game penalties are a little too steep. I made a suggestion on the pvp.net discussion page if you wanna try to keep it alive.

The penalties do NOT need to be there. There are VERY FEW games that give penalties for leaving and their customer/player base is not hindered because of this. Nor does this game warrant the need for the penalties, unless there is something im missing... Is there a money prize at some point that if you get a bunch of wins you get? Or is there a ladder that im not noticing? I know that there IS a ladder... but i was under the impression that its like other games and you either have to play ranked or ladder matches to actually be IN that ladder. Wouldnt leaving a game and considering it a loss be just as good? Thats what SC1 did. You join a ladder game, you leave... you lose points on your ladder score that everyone got to viably see beside your name once you crossed the bridge and joined a match. I dont get why this elaborate punishment system is in place in this simple PvPRTS.

Quote:
Mine crashes from time to time also, but I usually get right back in with no problem.

Mine crashes... It lets me rejoin, then crashes again and doesnt let me rejoin. In fact i cant play until i restart my machine and then it works until it happens again. I almost want to call "memory leak" on it but the fact that after it closes it does the same thing again... means that its not just a memory leak. Nor is it lagging for me, so its something else.

Quote:
As for personal issues, I suggest limiting yourself to 3v3 games, and taking breaks between games, or just playing when no ones around and you have the free time.

So, your suggesting that a a "HardCore" gamer such as my self limit myself to the easier to play mode and take lengthy breaks to ensure bathroom breaks are not needed in game and or wait until there isnt a young child in the house to play? To me, thats absurd as there is ALWAY a child in the house, there is ALWAYS something that could come up, and i dont necessarily like limited my gaming experience because of an arbitrary rule set that does not apply to the game more than real life *for me*. To me what this rules says is this... You shall not play unless you have a complete top of the line linux OS with 100% compatibility ratings to the software installed(which is almost never the case mind you). Also, you are now allowed to have any sort of real life interruptions. If you have kids, dont play this game, if you have a life, dont play this game, if you expect that some day you may have a bowel movement creep up on you while your not looking... this game is not for you. So, buy a portable old person toilet or "BioPotty" and use it as a chair... dont have kids and have an impossible computer thats fully submerged in thermal fluids to be able to sustain maximum up times for this one small insignificant video game.

Quote:
Edit: I was looking through something and found this.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
Maybe update your drivers for the crashing problem you guys are having.

And thanks, but oviously you skipped the part that this is a newly installed operating system. Which means that the OS is brand new with "no flaws" *windows is inherently flawed*, and the video game was just downloaded and installed about 10 min after the OS was installed. As well as the graphics card drivers and every other driver... Current version, i dont know why anyone would want a later version other than for compatibility issues, which is not/should not be the case for my setup.