Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Never Fallen Morgana[Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L0V0

02-20-2010

Hello, Im Colour!

I: Introduction
Here is a fun Colourful guide to Morgana. My Morg play-style is simple; Be elusive and as annoying as possible. I see the Never Fallen Morgana as the most annoying champion early, mid, and late.(LoL); shes able to use her Dark Binding from a vicious range. On top of that, she can do substantial damage when combined with Tormented Soil. Late game she can Flee tank from any champion that dares chase her. In my opinion one of the best overall support champions in the game.

1. Pregame
Colours Personal Setup:
My rune stats are
Health: +43 (2 yellow, 1 Quintessence of Fortitude)
Health at level 18: +136( 7 yellow runes)
Magic Pen: 8.5 (Red)
Ability Power at level 18: +44
(All T3 Runes)
Summoner Spells:
Teleport-Who doesnt like a support that can be anywhere at anytime whenever needed? One that can snare for 3.5 sec(lvl 18) and then another 2.5 secs with ult!
Exhaust- I find exhaust plenty useful in many different situations.
Thats my personal setup. This is just my preference and playstyle.

II:Ability build
1.Dark Binding
2.Tormented Soil
3.Dark Binding
4.Tormented Soil
5.Dark Binding
6.Soul Shackles
7.Black Shield
8.Dark Binding
9.Dark Binding
10.Tormented Soil
11.Soul Shackles
Max out Tormented Soil, then black shield.

Now you can question whether to get black shield early in the game or not that will depend on you. I get black shield at lvl 7 because this is when you start getting chased down and end up as priority number 1.

1. Item Build
  1. Mana Manipulator
  2. Boots of Speed
  3. Catalyst the Protector
  4. Mercury Treads
  5. Banshee's Veil
  6. Catalyst the Protector
  7. Soul Shroud
  8. Rod of Ages
  9. Frozen Heart if the game persist. If youre suffering from AP dmg get a spirit visage

1. Is my play-style funny to you, huh?!

Early Game I try to stay out of site, but not necessarily out of range. Dark Binding has a massive range and I use it to my utmost advantage. If I do get a dark binding in, I'll try to connect it a tormented soil and...run. Yes run. Ill run back to the bushes, so I can rinse and repeat. >:]

Mid-Late game. I like to initiate most of the stand-offs and wont mind running into a group of 5 champions by level 14. If you've followed my guide, you'll notice that youre not as squishy as everyone thinks, and the most annoying champion to go after.

1. Tips and Tricks!
    -Use dark bindings range to your advantage! What I usually do is have a teammate run through the main lane, while Im in the jungle beside him. This way I have visibility of the main lane to dark bind enemy champs without being seen.

-Be the late game bait. Or as other call it Flee tanking! Morgana has many skills to keep her alive. You have banshees veil, black shield, dark bind, and soul shackles. Try using it in this order.

-if you notice the enemies setup is more AD then AP then grab a warden's mail early game.

VI. Conclusion

This Morgana is meant to get you a lot of assist kills, and a lot of survivability. if you play right, You can be the game changer.

Thank you for reading! Hoping for some Feedback.

Korath Arcolite

02-21-2010

I can see this being really annoying to play against. I'm pretty good at dodging skill shots because I play Morg and Mundo, but if you've got random Dark Binding flying out of nowhere, it could get maddening fast!
Also, I agree with Flee Tanking as you call it. I've had a few Morgana teammates run in, pop her Black Shield, trigger Soul Shackles and run back towards us, and people are crazy enough to chase, then when they try to run, she Binds one for a free kill. Good build and good luck!

SaulOrNothing

Recruiter

02-21-2010

Couple things

1) Black Shield WAY too late
- this is one of the best moves in the game (easily the best move morgana has) and you are getting it far too late into the game. Your taking away the one support move she has until level 7 with that skill path, and imo that shouldnt happen. I usually go black shield at 2-3 and never later than 4. Pick up one point early and forget about leveling it up... but over half of morgana's usefulness rests in her black shield. It helps shut down harrassment in the laning phase so well from several characters.

2) Soul stealers on morgana is pretty solid
You are morgana. Unless you are getting roflstomped you will likely be one of the last people on your team to die. On top of that, you should rarely ever die in the first place. This item is really cheap ap (provided you can hit your snares) that I hate to pass up on morgana unless I am just playing like crud. Because she is so good at racking up assists and not dying this item works extremely well on her in my experience.

I go
Saphire Crystal -> Catalyst
boots of Speed
Soulstealer
Boots of Mobility (allows me to drop teleport as a summoner spell)
BAnshee's Veil
glacial shroud
Guardian Angel (your ult keeps channeling while you are waiting to respawn)
Frozen heart

summoner spells
Flash/ Clarity of Clairvoyance
------

Overall our builds are pretty similar, but I just compleltly disagree with not taking black shield earlier. Also, I just am not a fan of teleport so I take BoM on most of my support chars. While it doesn't allow for 4 second port, overall, the boots allow greater mobility (lol).

L0V0

02-21-2010

I agree with you Burtonearny on black shield. It really depends on who I'm going against. if its not needed, I like to harass early game and get my extra seconds on dark bind. If im ever in a situation early game when i'm being harassed before i hit lvl 7, I'll usually be able to run away and dark bind while fleeing. I do constantly use my exhaust when i can also. I haven't ran into a situation early game where i've struggled to really need it till 7. maybe its the extra hp i get from my runes that keep me alive

L0V0

02-22-2010

Quote:
Korath Arcolite:
I can see this being really annoying to play against. I'm pretty good at dodging skill shots because I play Morg and Mundo, but if you've got random Dark Binding flying out of nowhere, it could get maddening fast!
Also, I agree with Flee Tanking as you call it. I've had a few Morgana teammates run in, pop her Black Shield, trigger Soul Shackles and run back towards us, and people are crazy enough to chase, then when they try to run, she Binds one for a free kill. Good build and good luck!

Thx for the feedback! Flee tanking ftw right? I use to play tryndamere as my main, so maybe thats where i got the idea of flee tanking from. lawl. pop his ult, chopchopchop>spin out towards the bush..home free!

Korath Arcolite

02-22-2010

You're welcome. I do agree that Black Shield comes late in your build, and depending on who you're laning against I'd suggest getting it at level 4 or 5 HOWEVER because you so rarely put yourself in the line of fire I can see how this works for you. you pop up, cast, flee back to cover. You allow your lane-mate to harass more because the enemy have no idea when you're going to pop off another spell, or where it's going to land.

I don't agree with Burton's choice of Mob boots, but that's because I think boots should do more than just get you from point a to b. I do see his point, but Magic Pen or MR/CC reduction are just better imo.

People following this guide will probably want to make sure their lane-mate knows/understands how they're going to play, or they may be over aggressive or get frustrated by your apparent lack of engagement.

L0V0

02-22-2010

I play as a ninja early game, and a beastly tank late game! i think my build is meant to stay in mid maybe high elo. Mid elo players should already understand how every champion works, and everyone knows that morgana is here to snare, dot, and stun. Shes not much of a nuker, so it does take patient teammates to play with this build early in the game.