Leaving Games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skarr

04-05-2011

Is there a way to lower the level you are on from leaving games? (My parents have toldd me to get off and i dont feel like being grounded)
And does leaving a custom game only with bots contribute to your level of warning?

Thanks

Inishi

04-05-2011

Custom games don't have a penalty, but leaving Coop, normal, and ranked games does have a penalty.
Your ban warning is reduced when you finish several games (in proportion to the number of games you left I think).

Skarr

04-05-2011

ok so any custom game doesnt have a penalty? do custom games give less ip? (sorry, im a newb)

TearFullyStacked

04-05-2011

Custom games don't have any penalty, but they do give less IP.

Skarr

04-05-2011

Darn, i would just play them all the time so my parents could tell me to get off and i wouldnt get pantalized =[ but less ip sucks, i really want to get pantheon =D

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

04-05-2011

Trust me, less IP is better than being suspended.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-05-2011

Try to plan things out with your parents when you play. I never start a game unless I have an hour to dedicate to the game. Exceptions and emergencies happen, but if you keep them to a minimum you'll be fine.

A few tips, but make sure you understand this, your parents are always right (even when they aren't), don't try to fight them:
1) Make sure you talk with your parents about when you plan on playing a game, if you don't have (45min min, I would suggest an hour), don't play a normal game.
2) Organize your computer time: if you want to play a game of LoL and some Runescape (or other non time sensitive game/etc), fit the game of LoL in first, and use the left over time to play <other game>.
3) Explain the game to your parents (before you're in the situation where you're about to be kicked off).
a. The game is with other people, so you're hurting the experience of 9 other players.
b. Each game is different, so it's impossible to predict the exact length/outcome.
- Ask them if you come into a situation where you want to finish a game (again, before the situation arises), if you can trade future computer time (even at a poor ratio, say you lose the next day's computer time [I don't know how much time you get, you'll have to be the judge, or ask us and let us know your situation]) to be allowed to stay on to finish the game.
4) Ask them to try the game out. (I kid , but it can't hurt, if they get to like the game, they'll understand more.)

Catches Axes

04-06-2011

Is there a place where the full rules for leavers/afkers are laid out? I have been looking and can't find them.

I always make sure as much as possible that I legitimately have the time to play a game before starting, but I have a baby, so the exceptions/emergencies happen a lot more for me than they do for your average gamer.

It's still a small minority of my games played, but if this game is just unfriendly to new (well, 1 year) parents, I don't want to sink a ton of hours (or ANY money) into it if I'm going to end up banned/long-term suspended.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-06-2011

They haven't released the exact numbers by which their system bans/suspends people (they don't want people trying to game the system), but it gets more lenient as you level up. This is for two reasons: One, to keep players who remake after they get banned for leaving from getting very far unless they change their behavior, and two, to get it through new players' heads that leaving is bad.

You don't sound like you've had an issue with it yet, and if that's the case, you'll most likely be fine.

Here's a FAQ of the LeaverBuster system:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=393307

Skarr

04-07-2011

Well i have been suspended for a day but thats all, im at threat level 2