Nurse Akali Proceeds Total Over $160,000

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

04-05-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Summoners!

This past March 11th marked one of the greatest natural disasters in recorded history. In an effort to support those affected by the devastation, we invited all League of Legends players to donate to the American Red Cross by purchasing the Nurse Akali skin or the champion Akali with RP. The promotion ran for all of this past week, during which time 100% of all proceeds from this champion and skin were collected for the Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Fund. In the end, over 50,000 summoners chose to participate.

We invited our partners from the Red Cross down to the Riot Games office to accept your donations, which totaled over $160,000! We have witnessed the power in the community in the past, but you never cease to amaze us. Riot Games and the American Red Cross would like to thank you for your generosity, and for stepping in to contribute to the relief efforts in the wake of this global tragedy.

L1ONHEART

04-05-2011

This is really great. I'm glad to see Riot and the community members doing their part.

otAkawN

04-05-2011

Holy cow! That is a lot of money!

sanajin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

YES! This was an awesome way to engage players in donating. Awesome job, Riot!

Meleesan

04-05-2011

Awesome

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

I'm glad I could help

Please don't die, Japan...

Darnfool

04-05-2011

Glad I could help...
Glad you decided to bring along your own IRL Nurse Akali to the donation.

Moonpuncher

04-05-2011

Great stuff, thanks for giving a ****. inb4 troll attempts and their subsequent downvotes.

GoldenWaffles

04-05-2011

Awesome!

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

04-05-2011

That's awesome. Well done everyone.