New PC so can i transfer LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Father Balder

02-20-2010

I hope a moderator or employee of Riot can shed some light on this but if any body else can as well that would be greatly appreciated.

I got a new PC today and I wanted to know is it possible to transfer the Program Files folder of League of Legends OVER to my new PC and it work or will I have to reinstall the game all together? I ask this cause the DL of the game and the patching takes a long time so I was hoping for a short cut.

Thanks in Advance

: )

Father Balder

02-20-2010

Any body?

Father Balder

02-20-2010

Some one can give some input?

Trynox

02-20-2010

Heya,

you can always try it but keep in mind you will probably need the registry entries, too.
To do that, click on Start>Run (or press Win+R) and type in "regedit".
Export the whole "Riot Games" key at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Riot Games\"
Also export the Adobe AIR key at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adobe\Aobe AIR\"
This will bring you 2 Files, copy them onto your new computer and run them. Remember that you will need an admin account because those files need access to write in that registry sections.

Second thing to do is browsing to your appdata folder (WINXP path is "C:\Documents and Settings\Appdata") that folder is most likely hidden so either put that adress in your adress bar or look for an option to display hidden files and folders in your windows explorer settings.
Another way is going to Start>Run once more and type in: %appdata% - this will also open the folder (at least in WINXP).
If you managed to open that folder copy the Adobe folder with its AIR folder inside. Also copy the LolClient folder which has some strange letters in its name.

Third and last thing. copy the Adobe AIR folder in "C:\Program Files\Shared Documents" and of course the League of Legends folder onto your new computer.

This should be it, can't guarantee it will work, though. It's a bit tricky because of Adobe AIR and it won't work if it has some system files inside the Windows folder since you need them, too.

If you are not used to this I suggest to just install the game on the usual way. Perhaps it will take less time.

OGmudboneBLASTED

08-20-2010

I was wondering the same thing. My friend has a problem with downloading the game.. He can get the get the leagueoflegends.exe installer but when he tried to run it, it just says "Error loading configuration." So I tried to copy all my folders onto it but I didn't realize you had to actually go through and make such specific directories and change the registry files, ect.............. Pretty lame that I can't play with my friend because the downloader doesn't work though.. Riot please fix it.

Jaegerjaquez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2010

I would just install from scratch. The hassle of keeping your registry straight can be an issue under circumstances depending on what registries are used and if you're novice when it comes to that I would say not to do it this way because of what effects could come from it.

As far as the installer is concerned, are you making sure you have required ports open on your router as well as installing as administrator (right click the icon and goto run as admin) if you're on vista or windows 7.

panzerswine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2010

What I did was run the original install and instead of updating I transfered the game folder over and was all set to go.