How do you counter Master Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sublett

02-20-2010

Seriously?

Can't think of a single item that helps.. nor summoner spell. All I hear is stuns.. Yeah, what item gets me that?

And don't give me that bull that he's only op when he's overfed..
I've never heard of an overfed Soraka, for example. Or atleast none that has been any threat. When I think of scary overfed champions, I go with: Twitch, Mastere Yi, Shaco and Veigar..

Top-tier, this might not be an issue at all.. Where you got a consistent team with several stuns.. But why should low-tier suffer when the other team has an 'I win' champ..?

Blegh.

Pickles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2010

WTF? Master Yi is a HORRIBLE champion. I'd put him in the garbage tier (which is where he is in the l0cust tier list). Fact, Master Yi needs a buff in survivability. It's so easy to focus fire on master yi because he's a squishy melee champion. Compared to ranged champion, they can stay down in the back and fire behind the tanks. The squishy melee champions jump along side the tanks. Considering that master yi is more fragile than some ranged carries, he's a pretty lackluster champion. His high dps doesn't make up for his squishyness. I rarely see master yi anymore but that's probably because my elo is higher now. He's only good at pub-stomping nubs.

The best counter really is CC, or just simply burst damaging him. I found Ryze to be a direct counter to master yi. Master yi gets up close to ryze, ryze ults, snares, spell flux, Q, and then Yi QQs. Ryze is king in low range spell casting and Yi is extremely squishy. Yi will die in half a second to the burst. But then again, Annie can stomp on Yi too. Just about any high burst damage caster can easily kill Yi. I found Yi easy to kill even as Heimerdinger.

sevr

02-20-2010

exhaust

Sidekick

02-20-2010

frozen heart

AkaIndico

02-20-2010

exhaust, blinding dart [teemo], stun, fear, knockout, huge damage spell.

Paero

02-20-2010

skill

ToyMachine13

02-20-2010

Play a hero like teemo or gangplank. Yi only rips when he hits. make him miss with parrley or teemo's dirty darts. And of course CC heroes like ryze. Don't try to slow him, if he's good, he'll highlander after initial alpha strike. Honestly, it's stun, blind, or completely lock up or it's gg, unless he's bad.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2010

Just make sure the Yi never farms for long periods of time. If he has cleanse and farms up a storm or is given free reign of both jungles you're going to have a problem on your hands.

RussianRevolver

02-20-2010

Exhaust
Warden's Mail
Stuns
Airborn
Anything that blinds
Anything that snares (Like Rune Prison or Amumu's Ulti)
Flash (To create some distance and let his ulti wear off)
Armor
Focusing him
Cautious play (Don't linger with low health, he can catch up pretty quick.)
Waiting in the brush near the opposing lizard spawn at the start
Thornmail
Nearly any tank
Most casters
Every carry
EDIT:Jax, Teemo, Morgana, Ryze, Amumu, Rammus, Sion, Singed, Cho'Gath, Annie, Twisted Fate, Alistar, Ashe, Tristana, Janna, Fiddlesticks, Shaco, Poppy, Udyr, Twitch, Taric, Veigar, Tryndamere, Anivia, Sivir, Heimerdinger, Blitzcrank, Corki, Malphite, Kayle, and Pantheon. All hard counters to Yi.

All of these things are good counters to Yi.

sOtWiSteD

02-20-2010

I hope you're joking.
An overfed soraka? She's support, why would you compare her to a carry like Yi.
And exhaust counters him.