Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Consistency is the Gateway Out of Your ELO Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druiddroid

Senior Member

04-06-2011

Quote:
Food D 2010:
With hundreds games you played, you need a winning ratio far more than 50% to pull your rating up in the long run. Because the loss is being greater than gain per game.

The loss is greater than the gain? Isn't that if you are (for example) a 1400 ELO in a game with ~1300 players? Whereas if you're a 1200 in a ~1300 game you will gain more than lose? Or am I missing something?

If you are 1400 ELO you should end up with game averages of ~1400 players each game. Resulting in equal loss/gain on average.

Even the highest ranked players, that are like 2k+, will play often times with 1600-1800 players, and their win ratio is perhaps around 60%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-06-2011

Quote:
Druiddroid:
I see a lot of people on these forums complaining about ELO hell and how the matchmaking system pairs them up with feeders and leavers. They say they belong in XX00 and are stuck in (X-5)X00. But there is a solution. Consistency and activity.

If you are consistent, meaning you don't feed, you don't leave, and you play your champion to your capabilities, you will have the highest possible chance of winning games. Play champions you're good at. Play champions that suit the needs of your team (learn to play an AD, AP, jungle, tank, support). Be a team player every game. Play at your potential ELO level in every game and you will migrate towards your potential ELO.

If you are active, you will migrate more and more towards the ELO you belong in. It's like flipping a coin 10 times VS flipping a coin 1000 times. If you flip it 10 times, there's a good chance you will end up with more Tails (loss) than Heads (win). But, if you flip it 1000 times, there will be a great chance that there are ~500 Heads and Tails. And if you play at an ELO rate better than the ELO you're at, some of those Tails will be wins too (not necessarily a lot but enough to push you to your proper ELO).

If you play a thousand games and are still unsatisfied with your ELO, then the problem isn't your team, it's you.


hmm again another moron talking out of his ass.. AND ITS NOT LIKE FLIPPING A COIN YOU IDIOT, BECAUSE A COIN ONLY HAS 2 POSSIBLE OUTCOMES. ****ING ******... AND NOTHER THING.. IF YOU FLIP A COIN 500X AND HEADS = YOU WIN AND TAILS = AFK/LEAVERS/FEEDERS THEN THE BEST YOU CAN GET IS 500 WINS.. BUT REALISTICALLY YOU HAVE NO CHOICE AS TO WHO YOU GET PAIRED UP WITH. SO YOU CAN LAND TAILS ALL 500X OR EVEN 250X AND STILLL BE IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT OR EVEN WORSE. ****ING IDIOTS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druiddroid

Senior Member

04-06-2011

You have no choice as to who you're paired with. But you only have 4 other people on your team. The other team has 5 people.

Say there's a player that is so bad and such a feeder that whoever's team they end up with, that team will lose. You have a 4/9 chance of getting him, and 5/9 chance of the enemy team getting him. This means you will win 55% of your games when that player is in your game.

If you really think your ELO is bad after playing 500 games because you had feeders and afkers on your team, you're paranoid or arrogant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-06-2011

Quote:
Druiddroid:
You have no choice as to who you're paired with. But you only have 4 other people on your team. The other team has 5 people.

Say there's a player that is so bad and such a feeder that whoever's team they end up with, that team will lose. You have a 4/9 chance of getting him, and 5/9 chance of the enemy team getting him. This means you will win 55% of your games when that player is in your game.

If you really think your ELO is bad after playing 500 games because you had feeders and afkers on your team, you're paranoid or arrogant.



the only problem with your logic besides that it doesnt work at all is that, there isnt only 1 PLAYER with that problem you idiot. most of the games in LOW ELO have this problem x5. so there is a 50/50% chance you get one or MORE of those 5 on your team. SO ONE TEAM HAS 3 FEEDERS BUT THE OTHER TEAM HAS 2 FEEDERS.. youre an idiot to think that there are no more variables in your stupid tiny mind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druiddroid

Senior Member

04-06-2011

There are more variables, yes.

If there are 5 feeders, the chance of the first feeder being on your team is NOT 50/50, it's still 55/45. If they are on your team, there is a 37.5/62.5 split for the next. If they aren't on your team, it's 50/50. So it becomes 50/50 once their team has 1 more feeder on their team than your team.

Ultimately, if there are 3 feeders on one team and 2 feeders on another team, and you have a 40% chance of being on the team with 3 feeders and a 60% chance on being on the team with 2 feeders.

(If you still don't get the math, there are two non-feeders on the 3 feeder team and three non-feeders on the 2 feeder team. You are a non-feeder. 3/5 = 60%.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-06-2011

Quote:
druiddroid:
there are more variables, yes.

If there are 5 feeders, the chance of the first feeder being on your team is not 50/50, it's still 55/45. If they are on your team, there is a 37.5/62.5 split for the next. If they aren't on your team, it's 50/50. So it becomes 50/50 once their team has 1 more feeder on their team than your team.

Ultimately, if there are 3 feeders on one team and 2 feeders on another team, and you have a 40% chance of being on the team with 3 feeders and a 60% chance on being on the team with 2 feeders.


how do you figure you what chances you have to be on either team? Just because a team has more feeders doesnt mean you have a better chance to be on or against that team.. Your logic and math makes no sense.

And forget about feeders.. What about afkers and people who do not choose to play a character they are familiar with?

See you have no idea wtf youre talking about. There are waaay more variables to determine when and where you will win. Not by the ammount of feeders on each team idiot.

Ive carried plenty of teams to victory, and i have also led teams to crash and burn. Its all about youre teammates and how well your team works with eachother..

What if you get players that dont know what team work is? What if you get a team that only half knows what team work is? What if you go against a team that is all bout teamwork and your team isnt.

What if your team picks only champions there good with? Instead of building a legit team?

What if you vs a team of randoms who dont flow togeather and still rip all over the place?

Oh yea you cant answer any of those because you have no idea wtf youre talking about


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-06-2011

I can be the most consistant player ever.. and it does not mean i will win 55% of my games. you are a ****ing tool if you belive that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-06-2011

Quote:
Trickbaby:
there seems to be a very distinct division between the players who WANT to play ranked, and the players who are just there cuz they are level 30.

considering how often you run into the same people who genuinely DO NOT CARE if they are ruining the game for those who want to compete, within ranked, the disparagy is that there are fewer of those types the higher ELO you go... therefore, it would be safe to say that at least the higher ELO players have a better chance at success, simply due to the fact that they have teammates who want to win just as badly.




^<---------- YEA basically i said this same thing before.. and only an idiot cannot understand the TRUTH behind this. and much more. consistancy will do NOTHING if youre already in the LOWER ELO BRACKET... the only thing consistant is too consistantly Lose games in a row due to nothing of your fault at all but only to fault of others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druiddroid

Senior Member

04-06-2011

The statistics remain no matter how many variables like trolls, feeders, leavers, people not familiar with champs, etc you add.

You have 4 other people on your team. 5 on the other team. Their team has more chance of having more afkers and the like. It's really that simple. Similarly, the enemy team also has more chance of having the really good players on their team (hence why you will lose more games at 1300 if you are a 1000 player).

Play 1000 games and I GUARANTEE you will be within 100 ELO of your deserved level (barring some streak of 10+ wins/losses during games 901-1000).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-06-2011

Quote:
Druiddroid:
The statistics remain no matter how many variables like trolls, feeders, leavers, people not familiar with champs, etc you add.

You have 4 other people on your team. 5 on the other team. Their team has more chance of having more afkers and the like. It's really that simple. Similarly, the enemy team also has more chance of having the really good players on their team (hence why you will lose more games at 1300 if you are a 1000 player).

Play 1000 games and I GUARANTEE you will be within 100 ELO of your deserved level (barring some streak of 10+ wins/losses during games 901-1000).


Um and if you dont know that you need alot more wins to get your ELO up. and 1 loss is like losing 10 of your wins in higher elos. But not in lower elos, but just getting paired with LOWER AND LOWER calibur players. And no.. there is not a chance they have more AFKers just because youre counting yourself as one of the 5 on your team. Your team could easily have 1-2 problematic players no matter what. and usually the other team doesnt. But sometimes you get lucky and get 10+ games in a row where you can tell the other team was disadvantaged