Viewable 'Total Gold Earned" stat in-game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanilla Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2011

After a big push, you sometimes notice a big enemy minion wave creeping up your top or bottom lane. If there's no pressing objective at the moment, different people from your team will try to claim it first "I've got bot", or "let me get it, I need the farm/levels".

It can be hard to discern quickly who, truly, is the most behind on gold at that particular moment. You can push Tab and compare everyone's CS, current progress in their item build, and Kills/assists to get a general feel for it, but it doesn't take into account how many of those kills were streak-stopping bonus ones. It doesn't show how much they've spent on wards, oracles, elixirs, and potions. Furthermore, it takes a very familiar, dedicated player to glance at his entire team's current items and assign the cost to each of them.

To help newer players overall, as well as veteran players make snap decisions, please give us a running "Gold earned this game" statistic to view. It doesn't have to be immediately viewable from the Tab screen if you think it will cause quarreling. I just had a game where 3 of my team were somewhat under-farmed, but it was difficult to discern who needed the gold the most. This statistic is already viewable in the post-game lobby, so it wouldn't take too much extra coding.

Please consider it, thanks!

boourns

UI Designer

04-07-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Good idea, we've actually talked about it internally. Would love to see it happen!

Doctor Swole

04-07-2011

gold earned is a far better stat than CS'ing or KDR.

migty1joe

04-08-2011

Like anyone cares about who is underfarmed. I dont think that is possible during game. I hapens too fast. Posiblle only in voice chat but than you dont need statistic couse player can tell you.

Umahr

04-08-2011

I actually do not like this idea, since people do not have an idea of the total cost of each individuals build. IF anything, I would like to see customizable recommended items for each champion, then it takes

(total gold earned - gold spent on wards/potions/elixirs) / (total cost of build) *100%

This way, we actually a quick percentage about how close they are to their build, instead of a gold value

Happyk

04-08-2011

I love this idea! But they still haven't fixed the "Ultimate Available" on the score screen... time to replace it with gold earned?!

IS186afbf367d955

04-08-2011

Great idea I would love that. I hope we will see that in 1 year

Ellye

04-08-2011

This would be single-handed the most important statistic to be seem in the <tab> menu.

I want it.

boourns

UI Designer

04-10-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umahr View Post
I actually do not like this idea, since people do not have an idea of the total cost of each individuals build. IF anything, I would like to see customizable recommended items for each champion, then it takes

(total gold earned - gold spent on wards/potions/elixirs) / (total cost of build) *100%

This way, we actually a quick percentage about how close they are to their build, instead of a gold value
Interesting idea, but I think total gold would be a better indicator of progress in the game. Item builds can be really change depending on team comp and how the other people in the game are building. I don't know that percentage of a fixed build would give productive information.

I would be interested to hear what kind of knowledge people think they can infer from total gold or that they think the current scoreboard does not do a good job of conveying.

Lootsweeper

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Interesting idea, but I think total gold would be a better indicator of progress in the game. Item builds can be really change depending on team comp and how the other people in the game are building. I don't know that percentage of a fixed build would give productive information.

I would be interested to hear what kind of knowledge people think they can infer from total gold or that they think the current scoreboard does not do a good job of conveying.
It would just be great to simply have a line included after the CS column that says "Gold earned(thousands) then like 1.7, 2.4, etc.

This would be a true indicator of a play being fed, because if you have one teammate feeding and another doing well, but reversed in CS, you cannot know really how well they are progressing with their items without investigating further. Additionally, you do not know how much the creeps are worth, did you get dragon or not, and how much your assists were worth.

Basically, it speeds up seeing how your teammates are doing, because when someone has no kills/assists and low CS, they still may have gold/5 runes and items that make them even with everyone else.

TL;DR: It will speed things up analyzing player's growth and give more depth than "nub, you are 1/4/2, l2p / im 6/3/5 im fed"

Edit: What happened to the intern that originally had that avatar? I forgot his name...