[D1] Offering Free Tutoring/Lessons on Jungle Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AWOO FlashRQ12

09-21-2014

Hello, my name is Jason. I have multiple accounts in Diamond by playing only Warwick Jungle and a few games as Morgana support. I'm currently also Platinum 3 and climbing on the KR server by playing WW as well. I'm fluent in both Korean and English so questions via one or the other language is fine.

That being said, I'd like to give back to the League community since they've helped me a lot when I was a noob back in mid S3.

If you have any questions about Warwick Jungle or would like to improve your jungling, ask away here. I'm also available on Skype at SecretA5DC most of the day for individual questions.

I also do streaming with commentary on weekends but I've been swamped at work lately so haven't been able to do it as much. (www.twitch.tv/sa5dc)

Finally I've posted a more in-depth guide on the nuances and mechanics of WW here: http://www.lolking.net/guides/304925

This isn't really a self-promotion thing nor is it a place to bash how bad Warwick is at jungling (Yes I've heard them all). It got me from Gold to Diamond countless times on new accounts so it is definitely effective in Solo Q. So let's keep the flames out and work to improve people's jungling mechanics one step at a time.

Thanks and hope to hear back soon.

Pluto Nash

09-22-2014

The WW God!

Skystrike7

09-22-2014

I wouldn't mind some tips. I've started to pick up ww Jung and am doing ok but I have no idea what to build, for one. Add me, this is my main btw.

AWOO FlashRQ12

09-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystrike7 View Post
I wouldn't mind some tips. I've started to pick up ww Jung and am doing ok but I have no idea what to build, for one. Add me, this is my main btw.
I'm usually at work most of the time (NA Time) so I barely have the chance to login KR let alone NA.

If you want to just ask away here or on my Skype, that's probably more efficient!

FruitCakeInc

09-22-2014

What is the best way to engage as warwick? What runes/masteries is your most sucessful setup? What do you raise your skill order by? Do you ever depend on the sitsuation to level up your skill order? (Ex: More damage to your q or more attack speed from your w) and last question, How often should I gank?

AWOO FlashRQ12

09-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCakeInc View Post
What is the best way to engage as warwick? What runes/masteries is your most sucessful setup? What do you raise your skill order by? Do you ever depend on the sitsuation to level up your skill order? (Ex: More damage to your q or more attack speed from your w) and last question, How often should I gank?
1) The best way to engage with Warwick is to come from unexpected angles. I use Mobility Boots 99% of the time so it's not that hard to find the enemy laner out of position even if they have wards.

2) I'm currently running a 28-2-0 setup with AS Red, Armor Yellow, AS Blue, AS Quint. I've also used AS Red, Scaling Armor Yellow, Scaling MR Blue, AS Quints with a 21-9-0 setup for a long time.

3) No, I usually always follow the same pattern of leveling my skill order. 1 pt in W at Level 1, then maxing R>Q>E>W in that order. Very rarely (less than 1%) will I level up differently on the spot. (Example: I leveled up while I'm executing a gank and a pt in E instead of other skills will let me pursue the fleeing enemy faster and secure the kill.

4) You should gank whenever your ult is up. Pre-6, you should attempt a gank with red buff + different angle entry if your laner has a CC and your orb-walking skills are good. (Attack-Moving to stick the Red Buff on them).

Provengreil

09-22-2014

Hey, it's that dude from the other thread. I typically max my W first, actually: I find it to be very objective oriented, helps my laners help me take dragon on towers. In your opinion, am I gimping myself with that?

Messatsu Dragon

09-22-2014

I'm a Warwick main and I too would like a refresher course since I want to relearn him to get out of bronze

AWOO FlashRQ12

09-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provengreil View Post
Hey, it's that dude from the other thread. I typically max my W first, actually: I find it to be very objective oriented, helps my laners help me take dragon on towers. In your opinion, am I gimping myself with that?
Not at all, it's preference more than anything.

I just prefer maxing Q first because of the Life Steal + Magic Damage and E for the Utility it gives in both running away and chasing.

W is more preferable to me late game when team fights happen more than farming and the team can benefit off the W buff. I have tried maxing Q first then W then E but while my jungle farm is good, if my team can't kill when I first make the gank, I can't follow/chase to secure the kill at all.

AWOO FlashRQ12

09-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messatsu Dragon View Post
I'm a Warwick main and I too would like a refresher course since I want to relearn him to get out of bronze
For a full in-depth refresher course you might want to check out the guide.

Would look sort of weird if I was typing up paragraphs on League forums while at work. I can also do voice conversations on Skype with explanations but only during evenings/weekends.