Active Item Reminder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteKalashnikov

04-04-2011

I don't know if anyone have came up with this issue before. But I really need this kind of thing. I am, being a forgetful person, usually forget to use active abilities of items I bought. And I know I'm not the only one having this issue.

One of the reasons I love this game is its obviousness. Like, when I got blinded by a spell in DotA, there comes a funny voice and while I was trying to remember what that voice meant, I die. But in LoL it's written "BLINDED" on my head so I know I'm blinded and behave accordingly.

So what I want from those dev guys is, some voice or graphics or text alert that reminds the player that there's an item in their inventory with a castable active ability. I don't know which form of alert would be suitable. The item could blink maybe (the inventory portion of the HUD is pretty small though), or maybe it can produce a sound every ten seconds while not on cooldown. Something like that..

Daarikon

04-04-2011

Yeah. I agree. Though I think maybe increasing the size of the inventory hud. Because I for one find it hard to quickly look at the inventory and act upon it before I'm dead due to the size

WhiteKalashnikov

05-01-2011

Whoa really, am I the ONLY ONE experiencing this problem?? Bumping for once..

Kioku

05-10-2011

+1, larger inventory slots would be nice. Or possibly adding item slots near your skills that can be bound. Or putting your inventory nearer to your skills so you can glance at all of it at once! idea~~
thoughts?

Juper0

05-11-2011

one thing i do is make sure the item is in the last slot, and i also have my "use item #6 hot key" set to "T". this helps me use it in a rushed situation. as for remembering it, though, maybe have all active items show up in large boxes (that players can control the size of) on the left or right side of the screen. so its more obvious when you have them, when they are on cool down, and when they might even be unavailable (can't think of any like that though). i would also like to any debuffs there with how long till they wear off.

rawreddie

05-11-2011

Dude, look at the screen? Stop being a noob.

"Not trolling, but really..."

PentagonJr

05-11-2011

Riot could implement an addition to the HUD where items with actives gain a clickable icon above the ability icons labeled with the number of the item slot or hotkey.

Mattarias

05-28-2011

Agreed. ._.; I've derped so many times, forgetting to use, say, Gunblade's ability, or, hell, a potion... A flashing light on the icon would suffice.

la Bruja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a start View Post
Agreed. ._.; I've derped so many times, forgetting to use, say, Gunblade's ability, or, hell, a potion... A flashing light on the icon would suffice.
You'd get used to flashing icon as well.. I think we just need to get more pro It'd be nice to have smartcasting on items as well

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2011

This comes down to skill. Know you have an item with an active. Practice using it, even if it's on minnions and almost useless to use, practice until you start remembering.

I mean, this is the same as asking them to make your skill buttons twice the size to let you know you can use them.

I also forget, almost every single time, to use my actives. But that is on me, not Riot, to fix. This is jus' a matter of experience and improving your own game play.