Remove Coop/Custom IP system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StãR

04-03-2011

With the new implemented "time played" for IP, I don't see why we keep the current custom and coop IP reward system.

There should be no more 6 games limit and no IP reduction for playing custom or coop. Rather all modes and games will reward based only on "time played."

Reason for this is so that people who enjoy playing custom or coop equivalently equal to or more than normal/ranked games should not be forced to play only those modes because they want to get IP for playing.

Masato Hyuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

Yes please.

Although it's probably not a good idea since I'd never ever play normal mode, much less Ranked :|

StãR

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masato Hyuga View Post
Yes please.

Although it's probably not a good idea since I'd never ever play normal mode, much less Ranked :|
I do agree that you get less incentive to play normal games that way, but why would it matter? I have almost 500 games, and haven't played a single ranked game either. There's no incentive to play ranked, and there seems to be nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps you could have a 10% reduction for coop and custom just to get an incentive for people to play normal games with each other? much like the first win to get an incentive for your players to log in once a day.

But the current system disapproves of custom and coop games. It's apparent you're not suppose to be playing them. They have about a 90% reduction(for me). I get about 9-21 IP for my custom and coop games. For normal games, you get about 70-120 based on game length and winning or losing.

The fact still stands that spending a lot of your time playing in custom or coop would be unwise, and the IP reduction is dramatically reduce from normal games. Custom and coop in other words not a means of acquiring IP, when it really should be because some of us find it equally enjoyable as normal games.

========

Also, for those who think it's not a good system because bot games will be shorter, it has no effect since shorter games because of easy bots will result in less IP because it's time based.