Verbally abusing your teammates won't win a match.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LCS Dyrus

04-03-2011

We all have bad days. We all make mistakes. However, only the most deranged individuals like to actually lose. Fun fact: trashtalking your team won't make them play better. Mistakes happen. Surprises happen. And of course, sometimes people just aren't very good players. Now here's a list on why you shouldn't spend the match trashtalking your allies.

1) It's not good for team morale: Nobody likes to be hated. Trolls only like being trashtalked because they like the attention. If you're in a bad mood, it will reflect on your playing. If you're angry, you'll make mistakes. Think about it this way, by telling off feedlesticks over there, you're probably going to make them feed harder.

2) It detracts from good team work: There's a reason the ignore feature isn't that popular. If you can't communicate with your team, how will you know if someone's missing? How can you coordinate anything at all? Most sane people would rather put up with the abuse than miss MIA calls, but then please refer to point number one.

3) It interferes with actual playing: You ever been killed while typing? Frustrating, right? Time spent bickering is time you spend exposed to danger. Look, if you insist on telling failgot what a terrible player he/she/it is, you're not playing. You're typing. As for the whole "But I can yell at them via skype/vent/whatever!" thing because you're a group of pre arranged friends? Chances are, you're going to lose a friend.

4) You could be wrong: Tank and support champions typically don't get a lot of kills. They also die plenty. Also, many champs don't exactly do good in certain parts of a game. Are you going to rage at that tryndamere for dying 7 times in the first 10 minutes (Happened before, I was the killer.)? Or will you just show a lil patience and possibly be pleasantly surprised (the guy carried his team.)?

5) You could be the team failure: People take different champs to take up different roles on a team. Fun fact: If you're a tank and you're not tanking, you'll have a better KD, but your team will die. Is it their fault? No, it's yours. Were you around to back up your team or were you (heaven forbid) spending all of your time trashtalking them?

Point being, you have no business raging at your teammates midmatch.Use some good judgement, and keep your cool. It's supposed to be a game, so treat it as such. Riot puts up with all of our whining, our angst, our complaints, and everything like that. Can we please cut the drama?

Oh, and I found a fun fact. Playing badly isn't a violation of the Summoner's Code. Raging at your teammates over it is though apparently.

LCS Dyrus

04-03-2011

This is in Guides & Strategy, because I personally think not giving your teammates unneeded grief is a pretty good strategy.

ImpulsiveInsight

04-03-2011

+1. While I know no one can change overnight, I personally believe everything said here is true.

Claricorp

04-03-2011

Raging at your teamates for doing bad is stupid.

Ordering around teamates to do what you want is also stupid.

Telling them they are doing bad is fine.

Giving advice is fine.

Telling them what they are doing bad and trying to help them out is better.

The main problem here is that there is a pretty fine line between being a **** and helping a bro out.

TheOnlyJaces

04-03-2011

+1 for making a thread like this.

50% game I play , theres someone yelling at others teamate , even yelling at the other team is annoying.

When I dive to much and there someone tell me about it and to be carefull , Ill watch out , but if someone just start yelling at me , well lol hope you like to have lost cause 1 i dont care about lose and 2 Im not having fun anymore = dont fell like doing my best nymore.

Pretty sure its the same thing for everyone.
no fun , no reason to play

Tyroie

04-03-2011

Absolutely true.

However if a teammate is raging, I have no idea how to get them to stop it. It seems to me that we can still win, but to them, it's just "gg," and THAT to me is the reason we lose, not whatever they're raging about. The game isn't over until it's over.

I've watched people who streamed videos playing this, and were just raging hard at a teammate, and was completely blind to the fact that he himself was contributing almost nothing for the team. A sliver of damage to one opponent, and that's it. No supporting, no tanking, no CC, no tower killing, no warding - and yet he's just constantly badmouthing his teammate, blaming him for the loss, nitpicking every tiny little flaw.

And it's not that he's a bad player, not at all - he's just raging, is all. The number of times I feel like I've seen that sort of thing is just staggering.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

My favorite is when enemy has a crazy combo and first bloods you and your lane partner right away. Then you say "We may need a gank bot. Yi and Nocturne got a crazy combo going." And noone listens. Then they get the jump on you again and wipe you out again. So you say, "For the second time if we dont get a gank bot it will get out of control." Noone listens. 3 minutes later bot worked you again and now Nocturne has ult so its really getting out of control. You say again, "Final request plz gank bot if we dont its game over."

And of course noone helps and then proceeds to call you a feeder the rest of the game as you try to play catch up.

/\ cool story above

Saint Athena

04-03-2011

+1 & I also agree to ((Claricorp)) there's a total difference to suggestions & even a couple that was a stupid move as compared to a complete ****** fail meltdown....& yes you ragey mostly male populated gamers..it's time to finally get off your period..seriously

Modevasion

04-03-2011

nice point... BUT...

you can actually report someone for being an "unskilled player".

Not that I'd actually do that. >_>

malphismia

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
My favorite is when enemy has a crazy combo and first bloods you and your lane partner right away. Then you say "We may need a gank bot. Yi and Nocturne got a crazy combo going." And noone listens. Then they get the jump on you again and wipe you out again. So you say, "For the second time if we dont get a gank bot it will get out of control." Noone listens. 3 minutes later bot worked you again and now Nocturne has ult so its really getting out of control. You say again, "Final request plz gank bot if we dont its game over."

And of course noone helps and then proceeds to call you a feeder the rest of the game as you try to play catch up.

/\ cool story above
You ARE a feeder if this happens. lol You can't expect top to come bot, and you can't expect your carry to leave mid because you can't tower hug. A gank comes at least when mid hits level 6 or jungler comes around. I really hate people that can easily avoid deaths by not pushing their lane and overextending.

The first time you die, you should be more careful. The second time you die, you need to really be ****ing careful. The third time you die, you should've switched lanes 2 deaths ago.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. but you can't blame your teammates for your deaths.