"Pulling" a lane? How?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unparallelogram

04-03-2011

I thought this term was confusing. Presumably it's the opposite of pushing, but how is it done? I heard the term repeatedly in high elo streams. Please advise. Thanks.

Claricorp

04-03-2011

Generally you go for last hitting minions less, and only when they are VERY low on hp and stay behind your minions and let the enemies last hit more, letting them pull the lane.

Its hard to do and you have to be subtle.

EDIT: The general idea is to let the opponent push, without them really knowing it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

Just like what Claricorp said.
so for example, you can hit 120, you wait til the minion is around 40hp to kill.

This is good for making the enemies to go toward your turret, however you might lose some money.

OutlawWasTaken

04-03-2011

If you could spare the hp you could try to get the enemy to hit you once and pull agro on all your minions. A few seconds of their dps not being on their minions could help push too.

I've never tried it as I've rarely felt that I could spare any hp when I'm in a competitive lane though.

malphismia

04-03-2011

There's not many ways to pull a lane.
For example, If you face a Zilean, and he puts a bomb on you, run towards your creep wave and damage them all, this is is one way of pulling a lane. Gangplank has his deny move.

I've also seen some videos where they tank/pull the enemy creep wave to the side so they don't go into turret range. If your turret destroy the wave faster than your creep wave comes, it's pushing your lane. So that's one way of preventing that. Anyways, not many players use these methods, and you need both lanemates to know how lane mechanics work for anything to happen.

ZXPrototype

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
There's not many ways to pull a lane.
For example, If you face a Zilean, and he puts a bomb on you, run towards your creep wave and damage them all, this is is one way of pulling a lane. Gangplank has his deny move.

I've also seen some videos where they tank/pull the enemy creep wave to the side so they don't go into turret range. If your turret destroy the wave faster than your creep wave comes, it's pushing your lane. So that's one way of preventing that. Anyways, not many players use these methods, and you need both lanemates to know how lane mechanics work for anything to happen.
The latter is called creep counting, which is not pulling. Also this is more prevalent in solo lanes not wanting to lose farm.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

To pull: attack enemy champion; then drag the minions toward your turret.

This lets you farm more safely at the expense of some hp.