Failed to Connect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jykon

04-03-2011

I keep getting disconnected right after champion selections. The game closes out and the LoL logo pops up like always but after a few minutes i just get the error message,

"Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

The game isn't blocked by any firewalls and this has only started happening to me today. After re-downloading the game twice I was able to get a Custom game in but now it's happening again and I don't want to keep having to re-download the game just to play. Please help! Also, I'm not using IE as my default browser as I saw some fix for that in it's option menu that I couldn't find even when I tried to use it.

I forgot to mention when I hit retry I keep getting the same message and if I hit cancel it returns me to the launcher/main screen and says the game has crashed and to try to reconnect. Thanks in advance for any help!

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

IE doesn't have to be your default browser, but it has to be functional (IE: You can use it, browse, etc.).

Also as the error suggests, make sure it's not an Antivirus or Firewall causing problems - Norton and McAfee are two popular troublemakers, and sometimes they need to be fully removed to resolve the issue.

Jykon

04-03-2011

I can assure you I don't have either on my computer.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

04-03-2011

What firewall/internet security are you running?

Jykon

04-03-2011

Could you try those steps:
Turn off Certificates in IE, IE Options > Advanced > Restore Advanced Settings, IE Options > Advanced > Uncheck "Check for server certificate authentication"
Run in compatibility mode for XP SP3

That was the other suggestion i saw in another thread but like I said i didnt see any check box for "Check for server certificate authentication". The closest thing that resembled that was "Check for server certificate revocation"

Jykon

04-03-2011

I'm not running anything

Jykon

04-03-2011

In case it wasn't clear, IE is working perfectly fine, I definitely don't have McAfee or Norton on my computer and I'm not running any firewall programs. Not even windows firewall and even that is set so none of the LoL ports are blocked. And thanks for quick replies!

Jykon

04-03-2011

Awesome no more responses. I'm getting really annoyed with this horse ****. I've never left a single game and now I have three leaves because of this, it's extremely frustrating. Any more help would be much appreciated!

Is any one else out there having this same problem?

Corndogdude

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jykon View Post
Awesome no more responses. I'm getting really annoyed with this horse ****. I've never left a single game and now I have three leaves because of this, it's extremely frustrating. Any more help would be much appreciated!

Is any one else out there having this same problem?
You are not alone, I am having the same problem. Just going to play a normal game with some friends then BOOM, "Unable to Connect".

BadHickUp

04-05-2011

Ya I have the same issue