Counter Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rilliam Widdley

04-01-2011

Does anybody have any advice for countering Renekton? He's one of the few champs who still throws me for a loop. I've found that early pressure on him when he doesn't have all of his abilities can net me some early kills. Once he hits level six and has some armor under him, though, I can't touch him between his stuns and healing. I play mostly Twisted Treeline with Olaf, Vlad, and Tryndamere. Any suggestions?

Flubadoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

As Olaf, you can deal some serious hurt mid game if you max Reckless Strike, since Renek will be mostly building armor at that time, and less building on HP.

Vlad should be able to hurt him hard with magic damage, since Reneks rarely get MR early-mid game, as they get their sunfires and brutalizers.

Tryndamere can't really counter anything, since other people counter him. Renekton should have a ****load of armor lategame (250-ish?) and a smart one will grab Thornmail, which means that Tryndamere takes back roughly the same amount of damage he does, since it is 30% before armor reduction.
It's more like other people counter Tryndamere.

Also, getting thornmail vs. Renekton is a bad idea since he is only 1/4 autoattacker and a slow one too. His damage is mainly from his abilities.

GYM LEADER LANCE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

Well, if thats your team comp you have plenty of options.

Best choice: get vlad a rylai and death cap so he can q him all day until he tries going in for slice n dice and stun+ulti, you wont die from it dont worry just throw down ulti/transfusion/pool and stay underhim for massive hp regen and damage chances are he is dead, if not all you need to do is q 1 time and the ulti ending will kill him after his wears off.

Olaf: ulti before he can stun, spam your nuke and keep your w up as much as possible your ulti makes you unstunable as well as armor pen, pretty sure unless you feed him olaf can eat him in 4-5 nukes

Trynd: gunna be hard, but your slow also lowers their damage, so keep that up in a 1v1 with him and you need starks/frozen mallet and IE, but with only those 3 items(3 phantom dancers makes u faster then any champ and insta crit with 2.5 as=profit) but once you have those 3, all you do is auto attack and keep spinning whenever off cd and ulti when needed gg

Rilliam Widdley

04-02-2011

Thanks for the input That's a good point about Tryndamere Flubadoo, I'll have to make sure my other teammates can take care of Renekton with AP abilities.

Rilliam Widdley

04-02-2011

Oh, Another question, for team fights, is it better to leave him alone and focus him first, or try and drop him as soon as possible, he seems equally dangerous both ways :\

GYM LEADER LANCE

04-02-2011

It depends who else is there, if there is a jax or any other high damage low hp characters, drop them first

uncle anime

04-02-2011

play ryze and just keep your distance basically

LCS Dyrus

04-02-2011

You want someone with some actual CC and range. As a Renekton player, I can say that CC is the bane of my existence at low levels, as it leaves me helpless against ranged types.