Should Que Dodge Penalty Be Removed?

Yes 88 61.97%
No 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Suggesion ~Remove Que Dodge Penalty~

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meserion

04-05-2011

to avoid noobs played ranked cause those matches count. if you stink well its little more public than normal matches.

que dodging should not be changed if anything the wait should increase to say 60 mins? that is if they tend to que dodge often.

I think the best way to hone skills is actually play on a team of noobs, that way you strive to go well beyond you average gameplay capability. so when do get a good match you get super fed :P

hampsterblade

04-05-2011

I think the queue dodge penalty is too severe. You maybe cost people an extra 10 seconds so it doesn't hurt anyone. People dodge for a reason, and it's generally a good one.

But I kind of can see the other side. I've had a few times where the team seems like it will be really good, everyone starts talking strategy and someone on the other team dodges, and I get stuck with a **** team.

Villiroth

04-05-2011

Maybe shorten it and make it static, I have wanted to dodge a few times because of language/maturity barriers but havent because i cba to wait.

Or maybe make it scale by 1 min for every leave within 24hrs starting with a 1 minute penalty. Atleast that way the dodger and those that got dodged wont be playing with each other and it would discourage repetitive leaving.

Camo Toad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterblade View Post
Yeah, I've had the same problem. I join a room and start to see people speaking spanish, and I immediately leave, can't discuss strategy with someone you can't understand. But then I'm stuck waiting 5 minutes blah
that's mean o.o spanish people could be pro too...

Bugalos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

Bump

Xurreal

04-06-2011

when you dodge, you have to wait. currently i'm at 14 minutes because of a masteries bug. I dont think there should be a penalty for queue dodging.

Let people dodge and get losses/leaves at faster rates if they wanna be foolish. Some people have a reason, like their buddies wanna invite them to a game. then their buddies have to wait however long your penalty is, which is stupid because they may not want to wait a whole 5 or 15 or 30 minutes due to something outside of their control.

games already take an hour, i see you want people to be in line with the summoners code, but you have to enforce/punish where it is due.

we're not OCD living in a perfect world where if you join a game, you're joining a perfect team in a perfect lol client where there is no reason to have to leave.

as of late, there are just too many implementations governing the same thing with very different outcomes for each. you only need the one that gets the message accross without punishing your faithful player base.

edit: 15 minutes is a loooong time for having a to leave because of a masteries bug that keeps persisting. its like you expect me to just continue playing even though it may screw my team over. wouldn't intentionally doing this be against the summoner's code?

Xurreal

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meserion View Post
to avoid noobs played ranked cause those matches count. if you stink well its little more public than normal matches.

que dodging should not be changed if anything the wait should increase to say 60 mins? that is if they tend to que dodge often.

I think the best way to hone skills is actually play on a team of noobs, that way you strive to go well beyond you average gameplay capability. so when do get a good match you get super fed :P
Queue dodge penalties increase after so many dodges already

Bugalos

04-06-2011

,,,bump!

Ninjatude

04-07-2011

I think queue dodging is acceptable only in the AFK case; where a player hasn't picked a champion and is random-ed. IMHO it's assumed everyone knows that's not going to be a fair match, and any players on the random-ed player's team should have at the least 0 ELO loss (aka a forgiven loss), or the ability to votedodge, where (in blind pick), if at least 4 players (in a 5's game) vote to dodge, none will receive a dodge penalty.

hampsterblade

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darporkchop View Post
that's mean o.o spanish people could be pro too...
Doesn't matter how pro you are if you can't communicate with your team.

1234567 ... 8