Should Que Dodge Penalty Be Removed?

Yes 88 61.97%
No 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Suggesion ~Remove Que Dodge Penalty~

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bugalos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

Riot has been working extensively on punishing all those who do not follow the summoner code. But I feel that the que dodge penalty is quite extensive.
Arguements:

1.People would just auto queue dodge whenever and it'll take forever to actually start a game
2.QQ moar N00b
3.Redo the system in various ways.
4.Why would you want to allow trolls to just join a queue to dodge to anger players?

Suggestion 1

Que dodge system is removed. AND If you were to lets say LEAVE during a GAME. the penalty would be alot higher.
First leave during a game(On a 24 hour clock) Unable to queue for a game or play a custom game for 1(hour).
Second leave during a game(~~)Unable to queue for a game or play a custom game for 5(hour)(s)

and this system would only kick in IF people choose to vote the leaver as a leaver. Of course majority has to be in favor. i.e 3v3 game 4/6 has to report. 5v5 game 7/10 has to report.
2.IF the voted person was voted as a leaver and is currently in a game. The next game he attempts to queue up for or join he will be blocked from doing so.

This gives the option for players who really have some sort of legitimate to leave. One hour of being unable to play wont kill them if they have this emergecy.
A Troll who is angry and just leaves. This penalty will hurt them

Suggestion 2

I have another idea. Put a "cancel Match button". The team will have 8-10 seconds to agree or degree the idea. Those who didn't voted in the estimated time will be considered afkers, and they will wait until the next match make (that means that player will not participate with the group of 9 players he was matchmade before (4 players from hi exteam, and 5 from the enemy)

To secure the matchmaking progress if the player is marked as afker 3 games in a row, he receive a afk matchmaking mark... It will work as a dodge mark where the player cannot enter another game until the 5 minutes countdown... 3 times more during the next 12 hours and the penalty raises to 30 min, as the dodge system.

Lets resume...

Cancel game button- Send the players to queque again, except those who didn't voted (in the given 10 seconds for voting). the cancel button may appear during the last 10 seconds.

Afker mark rule.

If the player receives the afk mark, he can't join with the same matchmaking players. He will wait until the queque selects him for another gamemaking.

3 afkers marks are 5 minutes penalty (he can't join another game during that time)

3 more and is 30 minutes penalty.
Provided by: Shiromaki

Suggestion 3

i'd like to see a system where the rest of your team can vote off that player at queue and everyone will remain in champ select until that slot is filled.
Provided by: Villiroth

Related Posts: (Yes I understand there are thousands of other posts related to this highly controversial topic. But I've picked these post(s) below if you are interested)
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ht=queue+dodge

Feedback? Claims? Other suggestions? Flaming? Trolling? ETC?

Villiroth

04-01-2011

Imo it would just result in people queue dodging to get their fotm squishy.

Id like to see a system where the rest of your team can vote off that player at queue and everyone will remain in champ select until that slot is filled.

Craddlerobber69

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
Imo it would just result in people queue dodging to get their fotm squishy.

Id like to see a system where the rest of your team can vote off that player at queue and everyone will remain in champ select until that slot is filled.
you mean like hon? where the champ select is a chat room and you have a launch count down and if someone leaves, launch aborts until someone else joins? I hate comparing lol to hon but this would make sense as it would enable queue dodging without forcing people to stay in said game and having the whole thing reset each time, though it wouldnt work in ranked.

0Alakazam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

04-02-2011

I don't think it would be needed in ranked w/the current penalty (the loss penalty is good), but the amount of collaboration before a match needed might be difficult if the queue is unfilled and they only have a few seconds to make a choice while other teammates are locked in. If the timer was reset and everyone was unlocked (which is what pretty much happens anyway), then a team of 5 "trolls" could easily, 1 by 1, queue dodge, wasting 6 minutes of the enemy team's time (and any replacements that come by).

KeepersWay

04-02-2011

Seriously is it that big of a deal to be put back into queue. it's a takes seconds to get back into queue after the someone dodges... the dodging penalty is just insane specially with the high amount of trolls this game has.

Bugalos

04-02-2011

^^

. I wasn't really comparing it to HoN's system since I've only played HoN during beta and i didn't really play much.

I just feel that punishing players for avoiding "trolls" is too heavy. Either dodge and wait 5/15/etc minutes or play a 20-60min game of having some troll or multiple trolls waste your time. Either way it's just awful

Villiroth

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepersWay View Post
Seriously is it that big of a deal to be put back into queue. it's a takes seconds to get back into queue after the someone dodges... the dodging penalty is just insane specially with the high amount of trolls this game has.
Because all to often Ive gotten teams with people that dont insta lock, discuss a bit of team comp strategy before choosing their champ and generally seem like they understand the game a lot more then most random queues and then someone dodges on either team. BAM, Im stuck with noobs that lock in teemo/twitch/trist/sivir/fotm before anyone can type a word of team comp strategy.

Tidy Cat

04-02-2011

Riot has a penchant for trying to micromanage your gaming experience, I doubt they'll give it up now.

Bugalos

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidy Cat View Post
Riot has a penchant for trying to micromanage your gaming experience, I doubt they'll give it up now.
Must be. I just played against a guy with 154 leaves. =)))))))!! and guess what he did!

hampsterblade

04-03-2011

Yeah, I've had the same problem. I join a room and start to see people speaking spanish, and I immediately leave, can't discuss strategy with someone you can't understand. But then I'm stuck waiting 5 minutes blah

12345 ... 8