Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,201 85.79%
No 4,009 14.21%
Voters: 28210. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarudalf

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
There was a Rioter response a while ago about a pure pet-based champion not working well still on this game's engine. Why I had more hope when I heard mention specifically of Spiderling AI (I was greatly disappointed when I actually got to play Yorick on the free rotation). So, I'm hoping it's at least a bit better than Malzahar's Voidling even with its recent improvements. But it may be Yorick 2.0 or channel Zyra's plant system a bit for another 2.0.
I don't really get why a pure pet based champion wouldn't work well on this game's engine, I think the very few champions we have with AI pets works rather well, especially after the AI pet improvement for Malzahar.

Sure, the AI could perhaps be polished a bit more, but I don't think it's a big problem.

Quote:
Pretty sure Teek was Rengar, actually...

Diana and Syndra were nothing like their data mined skills.
I'm quite sure it was Rengar as well. He has that invisible ability & scent (being able to see enemies in Fog of War while stealthed).
Though I'm not sure what that Infestation ability was. Rengar has nothing like that.

Sarudalf

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstealthx View Post
They need to start developing this champ. The reason she wasn't released was her art didn't fit. So they should just re-do how she looks. a geisha with an umbrella, that's half spider wasn't that appealing anyways. just make her a normal half woman and half spider (or some scary looking cross breed). her abilities looked fun.
Look at page 320 in this thread, Morello revealed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I will say we will never do the Spider Queen you've seen in the pre-launch images.

I will say that spider+queen can be cool.

*Tension*
So yeah, she is getting a new design, and she has most likely been under production for some time already.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarudalf View Post
I don't really get why a pure pet based champion wouldn't work well on this game's engine, I think the very few champions we have with AI pets works rather well, especially after the AI pet improvement for Malzahar.

Sure, the AI could perhaps be polished a bit more, but I don't think it's a big problem.

I'm quite sure it was Rengar as well. He has that invisible ability & scent (being able to see enemies in Fog of War while stealthed).
Though I'm not sure what that Infestation ability was. Rengar has nothing like that.
I imagine the first point is the entire League of Legends doesn't want to do the whole RTS unit control deal akin to DOTA 2 where some summon pets have their own spells/skills too. The pressing r again to select clone/movable spell like Viktor's isn't bad; it is a bit clunky at times due to things like getting stuck on a minion wave and pushed along (could be solved by ignore unit collision but then you run the risk of people camping turrets and just pushing the meat shield there to sponge up damage). If that's not the case then you'll have it going by pure AI which they don't consider really to be you controlling the pet which is the difference with Malzahar. In the talk, it was basically talking about say if you had a perma-Tibbers up.

As for the infestation one, well, Diana had completely different skills. Teek may not have been a lion at that point.

CardianChevalier

08-26-2012

I'm horribly terribly scared to death of spiders, but I still vote yes because I think she'd be incredibly fun to play as.

Your Persona

08-26-2012

Don't mind me, just bumping for great justice.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

38 until 22,300. Let more overcome their feature and come behind the awesome concept >:3

Daemonkz

08-26-2012

Morello Said no Comment on the Spider Queen which suggests there would be something to comment about it.

Muranodo

08-26-2012

Bump

Sarudalf

08-27-2012

Quote:
I imagine the first point is the entire League of Legends doesn't want to do the whole RTS unit control deal akin to DOTA 2 where some summon pets have their own spells/skills too. The pressing r again to select clone/movable spell like Viktor's isn't bad; it is a bit clunky at times due to things like getting stuck on a minion wave and pushed along (could be solved by ignore unit collision but then you run the risk of people camping turrets and just pushing the meat shield there to sponge up damage). If that's not the case then you'll have it going by pure AI which they don't consider really to be you controlling the pet which is the difference with Malzahar. In the talk, it was basically talking about say if you had a perma-Tibbers up.
Ah, perma-pets that are controlable & with abilities, yeah, that is a different story. Thought you meant AI pets (like Yoricks).

MikuMelody

08-27-2012

Spiderling ideas:
#1 u know how younger spiders r more venomous? well i had this idea where when first spawned, spiderlings would have very strong poison that would debuff over time.

#2 after Priscilla dies, the remaining spiderlings would be buffed and attack the killer