Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,172 85.80%
No 4,002 14.20%
Voters: 28174. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azeros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2011

Who the hell votes no anyway. Lol

It worked with the blind monk, It'll work with the spider queen

IS17f8587dd251c04bf0cdb

04-03-2011

My fav hero in dota was the broodmother, i love spiders and i loved the concept of the webs around the map. I hope something similar (not a copy/paste) can be made in lol too. ;-)

xerav

04-03-2011

Yeah she would be perfect as first pet-hero in this game or just a assassin

Eorlas

04-03-2011

Personally, I think there's already a huge amount of champs that maybe they should spend some time making things like that map and other things rather than more and more champs when there's already so many.

I voted yes because I think she's an awesome concept, but not with that fat four legged picture...

Serpentongue

04-03-2011

SPlDER QUEEN! SPIDER QUEEN!

Eorlas

04-03-2011

btw, why make the SPIDER queen be on only four legs? definitely 8 and a fast move speed.

Validan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

Some skill ideas, I really do think this is a good idea, I'll also post this in the poll thread. DONT IGNORE ME CUZ I'M GRAY! THERE BE BUGS!

Passive : ?? Can't think of a name . . . Maybe Brood mother?
-After killing X minions (20-30?) she gets a spiderling pet that has high movement speed, low attack damage and life, and carries her Arach Venom (E) No death timer, so it would be possible to have 2-3 of these things active at one time, but no more.

Q - Impale: A slightly longer-ranged melee hit using one of her front legs that lowers the defense and magic resist of the target
-AD-Based damage, either a shorter Jarvan Q or a single-target, small radius skill, low-mid cooldown (I'm thinking start it at around 10 secs, have it go down to 5)
W - Web Snare: Spider Queen shoots a web in a cone in front of her, dealing no damage but slowing enemies hit and drawing them into melee range. Skill points could increase the speed that the prey is drawn in, or increase the slow duration.
E - Arach Venom: Similar to Teemo's poison, but with a slowing aspect also. Think Ashe's frost shot mixed with Teemo's poison, but at a melee range. Toggle-able, uses mana per-hit.
R - Nest: Spider Queen saves up enough webbing to create a nest on the battlefield. The nest is stealthed, and when an enemy unit steps on it, it becomes visible, slows any units that walk on it, and emits (5/7/9) spiderlings which are the same as her passive spiderlings, but with a death timer. Once the web is visible, has a death timer of 10 seconds. Spider Queen can save up to 2 nests, and takes (45/40/35) seconds to stack a nest.

I see the Spider Queen as a melee support champ with assassin capabilities (if built right). The Q and W both serve to help teamfights, the nest could be used as a ward, as a way to kill minion waves, and as a 2nd big slow in teamfights, with some DPS, more or less depending on your build. The E is there to make offensive Spider Queen viable, but since she's melee, you'll have to rely on the W to get champs into melee range. If you still want to keep the stealth aspect that they had for her previously, you could have Nest stealth Spider Queen when she stands on it.

PS, I like the art, but IDK if she should be a humanoid champ with spider characteristics, or a Spider champ with a human top half. Whatever ur flavor Riot, but we want her.

vvr

04-03-2011

now we only have to wait another year for it to be released as a joke

xerav

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvr View Post
now we only have to wait another year for it to be released as a joke
I hope not... if it take that long dota 2 will come out and there we have our spider-queen too....

Btw we reached 10% of our 6k goal googo keep voting YES....

Thx to Tamat this thread is on top of RedTracker

SlyGoat

04-03-2011

Spider > Snakes. Just replace Cassiopeia with a spider and we're set. And then buff her so she isn't horrible.