Cho'gath: The Terror of Trying to decide!

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Athran

Junior Member

02-18-2010

Thanks for the immense help guys! Your advice really improved my Cho'Gath games! I don't get a lot of kills, but I'm an unkillable wall that really helps my friends out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lain777

Member

02-19-2010

To the people that recommended only tank item.

A smart enemy team would just ignore you and kill all your teamate first becaues you dont post any threat. A true tank must have something that force them to not being able to ignore you. Thus its call a tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harkat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-19-2010

is warmogs a viable item to get early game for Cho'Gath?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H0m3runn3rX

Junior Member

02-19-2010

For a tank Cho'Gath you should start with warmogs and boots, then go MR or armor heavy depending on the opposite team's comp. I personnally like a Guardian Angel which will permit you to keep your 6 Feasts and be even more unkillable.

Nevertheless, you shouldn't listen to people who say that Cho is only a tank. I have a lot of fun playing AP Cho, whose combo can one shot almost every non-tank hero as soon as you get a good AP base.

Tank is fun, but a huge bursty alien can be funnier. Here's my build in case you're interested :

-Kage's Lucky Pick : a good ap start and a gold bonus
-Mejai's : if you're playing well, you should get lots of kills thanks to feast, and die pretty rarely because of your tons of hp. Do not feed, and mejai's will almost always be a good investment.
-Boots => Sorc's boots : self explanatory, you need speed and a bit magic pen is welcomed. Take Swiftness if you're having problems feasting on people.
-Codex => Deathfire Grasp. This will complete your burst, letting you kill almost every hero all by yourself. Plus, it gives you AP, some nice mana regen, and CDR, which are all you need.
-Rylai's : People should start focusing you, so a little hp isn't bad, and a slow on your scream will allow you to finish people with feast with more ease.
-Guardian Angel OR Zhonya's Ring : people should be really upset to see a huge monster devouring them five by five. If you die, you will lose a lot (6 feasts + Mejai's stacks). A Guardian will prevent you from it. If the opposite team is totally outplayed and you know they won't be able to kill you, just take Zhonya's, you'll be doing crazy damage and Feast on heroes with 3/4 of their health.

Before telling "OMG YOU SUCK CHO IS A TANK", just try this build, you'll see it's a lot of fun. Max out Rupture and Scream, and get rank 1 spikes (your attacks scaling with AP will be a nice damage increase). Summoner's spells are up to you, i like to get improved Ignite (helps a lot early on, before you have Deathfire Grasp) and Flash (self explanatory, if you escape you won't lose your feasts, and Flash + Feast is really satisfying ).

Don't forget you are more a heavy caster than a tank ; you can still initiate, thanks to rupture, but be sure to have an escape mecanism ready in case you get focus fired.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nihili

Senior Member

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain777 View Post
To the people that recommended only tank item.

A smart enemy team would just ignore you and kill all your teamate first becaues you dont post any threat. A true tank must have something that force them to not being able to ignore you. Thus its call a tank.
You have AoE knockup+slow and AoE silence. That's more than enough to get some focus.
You're also so big, that people will waste some of their spells simply by mis-clicking on you. I had a game where Annie would just stay hidden behind my huge butt so the enemies couldn't hit her unless they had targeted her before the fight so they could click on her portrait.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chasethedevil

Junior Member

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0m3runn3rX View Post
For a tank Cho'Gath you should start with warmogs and boots, then go MR or armor heavy depending on the opposite team's comp. I personnally like a Guardian Angel which will permit you to keep your 6 Feasts and be even more unkillable.

Nevertheless, you shouldn't listen to people who say that Cho is only a tank. I have a lot of fun playing AP Cho, whose combo can one shot almost every non-tank hero as soon as you get a good AP base.

Tank is fun, but a huge bursty alien can be funnier. Here's my build in case you're interested :

-Kage's Lucky Pick : a good ap start and a gold bonus
-Mejai's : if you're playing well, you should get lots of kills thanks to feast, and die pretty rarely because of your tons of hp. Do not feed, and mejai's will almost always be a good investment.
-Boots => Sorc's boots : self explanatory, you need speed and a bit magic pen is welcomed. Take Swiftness if you're having problems feasting on people.
-Codex => Deathfire Grasp. This will complete your burst, letting you kill almost every hero all by yourself. Plus, it gives you AP, some nice mana regen, and CDR, which are all you need.
-Rylai's : People should start focusing you, so a little hp isn't bad, and a slow on your scream will allow you to finish people with feast with more ease.
-Guardian Angel OR Zhonya's Ring : people should be really upset to see a huge monster devouring them five by five. If you die, you will lose a lot (6 feasts + Mejai's stacks). A Guardian will prevent you from it. If the opposite team is totally outplayed and you know they won't be able to kill you, just take Zhonya's, you'll be doing crazy damage and Feast on heroes with 3/4 of their health.

Before telling "OMG YOU SUCK CHO IS A TANK", just try this build, you'll see it's a lot of fun. Max out Rupture and Scream, and get rank 1 spikes (your attacks scaling with AP will be a nice damage increase). Summoner's spells are up to you, i like to get improved Ignite (helps a lot early on, before you have Deathfire Grasp) and Flash (self explanatory, if you escape you won't lose your feasts, and Flash + Feast is really satisfying ).

Don't forget you are more a heavy caster than a tank ; you can still initiate, thanks to rupture, but be sure to have an escape mecanism ready in case you get focus fired.
Thank you, although i wouldnt go full AP like that

Ive played Cho quite a bit, and he isnt as effective as a full tank. Sure you get ****loads of HP, but you cant do any damage and the team just ignores you fully. I find it much more useful to build him as an AP/Tank- there is an AP threshold where he really drops off in usefulness allowing you to build also tank.
Basically once you hit 200 AP, you do enough damage with your skills to be a threat and you can still build survivability.
The thing is doing that you still get WTF HP [from feast and other stuff] but are able to do great damage.

I build like this

Mejais Soulstealer
Rod of Ages
Sorcerers Boots [Merc Treads if CC heavy]
Sheen [to Triforce later if you can afford it]
Atmas Impaler
Warmogs or Force of Nature


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Promise

Member

02-20-2010

Cho is a tank and nothing else. Only build Atma's if you have a chance to fill your last item. There are better items to use before that, like more Warmog's.

In most games that last a somewhat long time I have a Warmog's, Mercurys, Guardian Angel, Force of Nature, and Thornmail.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhitemageofDOOM

Senior Member

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lain777 View Post
A smart enemy team would just ignore you and kill all your teamate first becaues you dont post any threat. A true tank must have something that force them to not being able to ignore you. Thus its call a tank.
Aura stacking.
Rupture+Scream+Feast.(Stupid feast nerf.)
MFing HUGE.(Seriously, the best part of feast stacks is taking up 25% of the screen.)
Your the guy in melee your team mates are not, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkat View Post
is warmogs a viable item to get early game for Cho'Gath?
Always get warmogs first, always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0m3runn3rX View Post
Before telling "OMG YOU SUCK CHO IS A TANK", just try this build, you'll see it's a lot of fun.
OMG YOU SUCK CHO IS A TANK.
And kage's lucky pick is absurdly bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasethedevil View Post
but you cant do any damage and the team just ignores you fully.
Be more aggresive, if your not super aggresive you fail as any tank.
Don't just sit on mountains of hitpoints, spend that resource.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad News Bear

Senior Member

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamSucka View Post
When you feast do you need to kill the hero in order for it to stack? If so should you just feast on minions or near dead heroes until you are stack x6?

Minions create a stack of feast also, therefore you can get x6 feast prior to the team fight phase.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H0m3runn3rX

Junior Member

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitemageofDOOM View Post

OMG YOU SUCK CHO IS A TANK.
Nice argumentation. Thanks for being a dumbass.

Quote:
And kage's lucky pick is absurdly bad.
I use it to build Deathfire, but i guess you can't read more than three lines in a row.

QQ


123