Frozen/Flickering Screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bagzli

08-23-2009

Hey Guys, I just installed LoL and I tried to play and everything worked fine untill the game loaded. When the game loaded I get this screen on the picture below and I can not do anything besides move the mouse. I see the mosue being moved on the bottom of screen but nothing else besides the picture i can see. I cant make my hero move around or anything the picture is always the same. It is like the computer froze but is flickering a bit. I am able to minimize and everything the computer did not freeze but when i am in the game only game picture freezes. So can anybody help?

*******http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8558/lolfreezescreen.jpg********

If you would like to see the full size image here is the link to it:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8558/lolfreezescreen.jpg

Forgot to Post some information about my computer: I use windows Vista home premium. 32 bit operating system. AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz RAM 2.00 GB

I'm not sure if you need to know anything else?

Bagzli

08-24-2009

uh... bump? nobody even looked at my problem D:

s1e3pyhead

08-24-2009

the same thing is happening on my computer too...

Bagzli

08-24-2009

and nobody is helping D:

omnibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-24-2009

try looking at the fps at the top right corner.

If it says 0, then ur computer isn't good enough.

Bagzli

08-25-2009

no i managed today to get a differend window and i could see the fps on it but it would got 14 to 31 never hit a 0 or gone below 14. so it cant be it?

I also used fraps to see what it will give me and it gave me same thing.

but still moment i try to move the screen i get the old one where its frozen and flickering until i minimize and bring it up again and then i can see the full game menu like heroes hp and mana its armour move speed all those details including FPS and Minimap but then again if i move the screen with mouse it freezes

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

08-26-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

This is a pretty strange problem. I would try updating your graphics drivers. Has the game always been like this for you or did it just start on Sunday?

It would help if you could attach your dxdiag to this thread. Instructions to do so here.

Bagzli

08-26-2009

sure I will give you my dxd and my graphix are up to date on manufacturer's website.

If I check updates there is one optional update. When i got to give admin permision it takes me to a new screen where I have to accept. The thing is with this update this takes 10 seconds to do so. So whenever i want to run something it takes forever just to give permission and i really hate the slowness of it. Without this update giving permision is like 1 second.

Bagzli

08-30-2009

Well its been a while and nobody got an answer so dont worry about it anymore, I am uninstalling the game. Original Dota is more fun anyways.

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

08-31-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Well I don't know if you'll actually read this but may it will help someone else so...

The problem most likely relates to your integrated graphics card. LoL tends to run strangely using those kinds of adapters. You can try a list of possible solutions on this page:

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=2372