Morgana dying too easily, need suggestions (build inside)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-18-2010

Right now my win/loss ratio seems to be fairly balanced, after the matchmaker stomped on me to end my initial win streak.

However, my kill/death is terrible. The team wins despite my endless deaths. I do manage to stun enemies, shield allies and get assists, but then I always proceed to bite it just before the other team does. Meanwhile, when I do see a vulnerable enemy, they always get away with <200 hp left. So I get a nice assist score but nada for kills.

I could build for survival, but this only leads to less damage and I don't get the kill anyway.

Current build:

Starting items: Amp + potion
Basic boots
Ruby/Sapph
Catalyst
Sorc boots (Is this the right order? Should I get boots first, Cata second?)
Soulstealer/Rod
Rod/Soulstealer (Here is about when it starts to go pear shaped)
Abyssal
Banshee/GA/Frozen

Binding
Soil
Binding
Soil/Shield
Binding
Ult
Binding
Shield/Soil
Binding
Etc.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Your role is to harass early game, snare carries, and black shield your cheese button on your team.

Especially the latter.

That's it.

You're Kayle's counterpart. She makes 'em invincible to damage, you make them invincible to CC.

If you want to play with Mejai's in an actual evenly matched game, then you'd best pick another champion.

IceDive

02-18-2010

Also, max soil ASAP, It makes you farm so much better when you can kill the magi at lvl 7 with only 1 Soil

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-18-2010

So basically it is normal that I can't do damage and I need another hero. Hmm, thanks. I'd seen an AP Morgana guide but apparently it was a bad guide.

IceDive

02-18-2010

Well, you don't need another champ, but just don't expect to be getting 10+ kills in most games

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-18-2010

Shame, I hoped I could salvage my k/d based on that AP guide. Thanks.

Genesis RVA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Doran's Ring is a very strong starting item. Half the ability power of a tome, but gives hitpoints and regeneration as well. It's great for not getting fb'd and definitely a one up versus the opposition if you are an aggressive laner.

Mejai's isn't a big deal for Morgana, you aren't really going to be dumping trucks hardcore. Rylai's is a fantastic item for any caster. 500 hit points, slow affect on spells, and some abiltiy power. Rod of Ages is also a good pick, but I tend to steer away from it based on the cost, unless you scrounge up enough early to get the most out of the catalyst. Also something you may want to consider that's slightly more out of the box is cooldown reduction items. In this case cooldown reduction being Deathfire Grasp and Haunting Guise. Cooldown reduction = more shields, more binding, more living.

Spending your talent points, or whatever you want to call them as you level is also a big deal. I usually go binding, shield, soil, binding, binding, ulti. I don't know really, ask yourself why you are dying will probably help more than anything. Peace.

TheeEngineer

02-18-2010

The Morgana build that I use is:
Doran's Ring
Rush Rod of Ages
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rylai's
if you get enough gold: Z Ring

Go soil first then binding keep alternating those until maxed, unless there's another caster causing you problems, then throw in a shield. Harass harass harass, early and often. Practice with binding, it is a great skill. If you can lane with someone else who has a stun of some sort then you will completely own the laning phase. Work on your map awareness and predicting where team fights are going to occur, Morgan's pretty slow so give yourself time to get across the map. Be in every team fight. Morgana's ult is sick if used properly and can net you some double and triple kills on fleeing enemies. Learn to time it right. Don't use it too soon because it won't get the kills, but don't use it too late because they might get out of range and not be hit with the stun part of it.

I rarely have less than 10 kills and 10 assists with this build and rarely die more than 5 times. Morgana takes some getting used to. Her skills scale well with AP. The slow on Rylai's helps her a lot.

TheeEngineer

02-18-2010

Deathfire is another great item on Morgana. You can be a great team player by being aggressive and offensive with Morgana, but you have to get the stuns and shields right in the team fights.

Theft

Recruiter

02-18-2010

I have been having great luck with Morgana on the following build:

Starting Items:
Philosopher’s Stone
Sorcerer’s Shoes or Boots of Swiftness

Must Have:
Rod of Ages
Zhonya’s Ring

Situational:
Mejai’s Soulstealer
Archangel’s Staff
Abyssal Scepter
Lich Bane

Here is the link to the full guide.
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...hlight=morgana

The only thing I changed is I get Boots of Mobility. And I barely make it to full Zhonyas before the game is over. Hope this helps.